Imagining the Tenth Dimension

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
JC333
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Imagining the Tenth Dimension

Post by JC333 »

http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php

This is hard to think about.

Any thoughts?
harth1026
Familiar Member

Re: Imagining the Tenth Dimension

Post by harth1026 »

That was a lot to explain in that short clip and I didn't quite understand it all, but it was quite helpful in helping me understand the ideas of extra dimensions.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

JC333 wrote:http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php

This is hard to think about.

Any thoughts?
I guess the tenth dimension is where imagination stops. Aren't theories grand though?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

I think with just that video clip, it's impossible to think about. I'd have to read the book to even try and pretend to understand. I watched that clip and by the end I'm thinking, "How do they know this?" I'd like to know how assured they are of their knowledge of the other dimensions, but since I'm not a mathematician or physicist, I could probably never be satisified. It mentions string theory at the very end, and I'd like to know more about that, so reading the book would be good. All that would explain how angels can move like they do, and how Jesus did (and how we will, since we will be like Him). But string theory is different, isn't it? About what holds all things together. When I heard that on the PBS show about string theory, I thought that was really interesting, since in the bible it says that all things are held together by or through Jesus. It's like imagining what Jesus is made of. And it's funny that atheists use this to say that it proves God doesn't exist! What logic are they using?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

cslewislover wrote: I'd like to know how assured they are of their knowledge of the other dimensions, but since I'm not a mathematician or physicist, I could probably never be satisified.
That's funny. I understood it right away. I was having a double scotch at the time, though.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
cslewislover wrote: I'd like to know how assured they are of their knowledge of the other dimensions, but since I'm not a mathematician or physicist, I could probably never be satisified.
That's funny. I understood it right away. I was having a double scotch at the time, though.

FL
Oh. I guess I tried to early then. I'll view it again after my double brandy. I wonder if that's the trick to being a physicist?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Echoside
Valued Member

Post by Echoside »

Honestly, that clip was a bunch of nonsense. Unproved theories building on unproved theories, nice.