Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by zoegirl »

Keefy wrote:I live in a town called Peacehaven, which is about 6 miles east of Brighton. I live only a few minutes walk from the cliffs so we have a great view over the channel and always have the fresh sea air!
Sounds awesome. I live on th east coast of the U.S. but we don't have the beautiful cliffs that ENgland has right next to the coast, at least, not in MAryland.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male

Post by Gman »

zoegirl wrote:
Keefy wrote:I live in a town called Peacehaven, which is about 6 miles east of Brighton. I live only a few minutes walk from the cliffs so we have a great view over the channel and always have the fresh sea air!
Sounds awesome. I live on th east coast of the U.S. but we don't have the beautiful cliffs that ENgland has right next to the coast, at least, not in MAryland.
You guys like cliffs? West coast is the place to be (not to beat up on the east coasters)... This is just 2 miles away from my home.

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

nice
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

zoegirl wrote:nice
Nice? ;) Just playing.. The water is REALLY cold however...

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Gman wrote:
zoegirl wrote:
You guys like cliffs? West coast is the place to be (not to beat up on the east coasters)... This is just 2 miles away from my home.

You lucky duck.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Keefy
Acquainted Member

Post by Keefy »

That looks lovely :) Whereabouts are you on the west coast?

Check out http://www.sevensisters.org.uk/ which is just a couple of miles up the road from me. The cliffs are called the seven sisters because from a distance you can count 7 points of the cliffs. Each 'sister' has her own name too! You can see all 7 of them from my town quite well on a clear day.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Gman wrote:
Hey, give me a break...that was at 11:30 at night!
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Wow, Keefy, that's cool,

It's amazing how pristine everything looks, with the white cliffs and the long stretches of grass (or vegetation of it's not grass)
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

zoegirl wrote:
Gman wrote:
Hey, give me a break...that was at 11:30 at night!
:lol:

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Keefy wrote:That looks lovely :) Whereabouts are you on the west coast?

Check out http://www.sevensisters.org.uk/ which is just a couple of miles up the road from me. The cliffs are called the seven sisters because from a distance you can count 7 points of the cliffs. Each 'sister' has her own name too! You can see all 7 of them from my town quite well on a clear day.
Hey nice... Looks a lot like where I live. Just down the coast from San Francisco, CA. Near Big Sur....

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

You guys are so lucky. Here is where I live {=):
Earth
Earth
earth.jpg (49 KiB) Viewed 3138 times
Delay
Acquainted Member

Post by Delay »

Hey peeps! In the following paragraphs I will briefly describe how I discovered this website/forum, and also a little bit about myself and my life...

4 years ago I was 17 years old and into the video game craze with xbox and Halo and all that. I still do play some video games with friends on occasion but that is beyond the point. I decided (4 years ago) to join a Halo forum website, where I could talk and discuss Halo with other people. Long story short, I am still a part of that forum (halo3forum.com) and below my avatar I linked my profile if you wish to view it. Like I said, been there for 4 years, my join date is Jun 05, and I have around 2,300 posts.

Considering that Halo is the Mecca of video gaming, and also that halo3forum was created just 3 months prior to my joining, and lastly that I am an active member, I am decently respected (or at least I like to think so :P). There is a section of that forum titled "Religious Debate", needless to say, that is now where I spend almost all of my time on that site, that and the NHL discussion section haha. I would say about 95% of the members on h3f are atheists/agnostic/not Christian. So it can get quite exhausting/tiring/pointless to sit in there and "debate" against 10 other people almost simultaneously, while I am the lone ranger.

One day while in that forum, someone mockingly posted about this website, and they said how ridiculous it was. I checked it out and fell in love. I love this website, I cannot believe how intelligent and wise Richard Deem is, it is astounding to me. Especially considering I am a Theistic Evolutionist, and I tend to argue that evolution does nothing but solidify the proof of God's existence. I get a lot of my reference from Dr. William Lane Craig.

So long story short, that is how I discovered this site/forum, and that is why I am here today. :)

About myself, I am currently 21 pursuing to become a Cop. I have a Japanese (I love to brag that she is Japanese) gf, we have been dating for 3 years and plan to get engaged soon, and then plan to be missionaries one day in the near future hopefully. We have both served several short term trips and definitely feel that that is where God is leading us in the future. I grew up in the church, then stopped going and became atheistic from about 13-18, then returned to God at about 18.

My favorite things to discuss with other Christians is God's nature, theology, moral/ethics, "heart vs head", and philosophy.

I love hockey (hence the sig and avy). I am not from Washington I just love the Capitals, and yes, I am Norwegian, so I love my fellow European hockey players, especially the Swedish ones, they are the best. If you want to find out more of my other interests check out my profile. I live in Huntington Beach, California. Born and raised and not planning on leaving anytime soon. Best state and best city in the world. I have traveled all over the place, but in the end, nothing compares.

I commend those of you (if any) that have made it this far in the reading, I really did not intend to post a novel lol. Hope you enjoyed, and if you have any questions or comments PM me or just post here, look forward to chatting soon!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Wow, you like to write. :D It's just fine though, lol. I think there are a lot of Norwegians in Washington State, so you might want to check it out. I lived there one year and loved it. I love it way more than California, where I live now y:p (I live in Anaheim and would gladly leave this afternoon - I'm from MIchigan and it's beautiful there and not so CROWDED). Hey, I also found out about Rich's site through a debate on another site! :) Lol. Anyway, that's awesome that you want to do missions work. May the Lord lead you. ~ Vicki
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome aboard, Delay, and happy to hear that you've found us and have enjoyed it.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Welocme Delay.

I work about 5 blocks away from where the Washington Capitals play and make it to a few games a year ;)

Go CAPS!!!!

bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender