THE LAST MEAL (SCENE?)

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Zebulon
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

THE LAST MEAL (SCENE?)

Post by Zebulon »

B.W. Whenever if you have time and if you feel like it... for the instance I will complete my readings from your posts on the Trinity.

while Luke, Matthew and Mark talked about it, and John did not, my question regarding the last meal or last drink of fruit of the vine from Jesus, before he died, is why does it seems so important.

Matthew:
26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus, having taken [the] bread and blessed, broke [it] and gave [it] to the disciples, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
26:27 And having taken [the] cup and given thanks, he gave [it] to them, saying, Drink ye all of it.
26:28 For this is my blood, that of the [new] covenant, that shed for many for remission of sins.
26:29 But I say to you, that I will not at all drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in the kingdom of my Father.
26:30 And having sung a hymn, they went out to the mount of Olives.

...this is my body! Is there a spiritual act towards this?
... Drink all of it. It is said, all of it, why?
...until that day when I drink it NEW with you meaning the new spiritual wine in the kingdom of our Father (?)

Thanks.

Victor.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: THE LAST MEAL (SCENE?)

Post by jlay »

Sorry for the late, late, late, reply.

Drink ye all of it

The "all" refers to those present, not the amount of wine. Or, Drink ye each of it. It is the wording in the English KJV that creates the confusion.

Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. NIV
And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you." NASB
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious