martyred?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
lilbassist93
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

martyred?

Post by lilbassist93 »

Is there any evidnce outside of the bible that 10 of the disciples were martyred?If there is, please post it:)
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: martyred?

Post by cslewislover »

Hi Lilbassist. :o Well, here's one online source, I mean that discusses other sources some: http://www.direct.ca/trinity/disciples.html
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Byblos
Old School

Re: martyred?

Post by Byblos »

lilbassist93 wrote:Is there any evidnce outside of the bible that 10 of the disciples were martyred?If there is, please post it:)
I don't think you'll find any in the Bible either but I would look into the writings of the early church fathers, especially the church historian Eusebius.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.