a mum in crisis

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Deborah_mac
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

a mum in crisis

Post by Deborah_mac »

My eldest son is 19 today. We are really very lucky, he doesn't drink a lot, and isn't into drugs, but I do worry. He lives to take a stroll at night with his ipod and this terrifies me. A couple of months ago a young man was murdered in our area. Four years ago, our 16 year old neighbour and classmate of my sons was killed when he was king hit at a train station. When my goes out, I lay awake till I hear him come home. I know I am probably being paranoid, but I also lost someone I loved and had known since we were both aged 8 though violence 10 years ago. :shakehead:
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: a mum in crisis

Post by cslewislover »

I'm not sure what to say, but I'll pray for you. It's all in God's timing, though, when we go, right? I know there have been people that move to less urban areas to get away from crime, and have a child killed in the new area. It's so sad, but it's sad when that happens to anyone, wherever they're at.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis