participate at Atheist Forums

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
lilbassist93
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: participate at Atheist Forums

Post by lilbassist93 »

Darnit munster! .... I'm fascinated with celtic culture, including the music(celtic folk, punk,etc.)hehe
And why do you have to like Lost? thats my show!(although last weeks episode was a waste) hahaha :lol:
welcome to the forum munster! :D
godslanguage

Post by godslanguage »

Oh, and yes I am a member of Atheist.ie, Irelands very own site for Atheists, agnostics, freethinkers etc. come and join the fun anytime.
No thanks!
Thank ye all for yer time
No problem!
"Is it possible that God is not just an Engineer, but also a divine Artist who creates at times solely for His enjoyment? Maybe the Creator really does like beetles." RTB
ElShamah
Familiar Member

Post by ElShamah »

munster wrote:You're right Elshamah you won't get very far in these types of forums, that is if you keep dodging the questions like Angelo did.
Angelo is me, btw. I gave actually links to two homepages, which answered the questions, inclusive Apocalipse 18 as second part of the prophecy, which didnt fullfill. But it didnt satisfie myself.

Oh and by the way for any of ye wondering, Babylon is not underneath Baghdad, it is located about 100 miles southwest of the city, and Saddam Hussein did not rebuild it (he done a lot of things but not that) it has been around since the eighth century.
the city, i linked to, is 80 miles south of bagdad, and built just above the ruins of antique babylon.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

ElShamah wrote:
Byblos wrote:I ought to know a thing or 2 about Tyre and Sidon. All your questions are answered here.
hi

thanks, thats a exellent homepage.
there are however two points , where my doubts remain.

1. Where antique Babylon was, Saddam Hussein has built a " modern " Babylon :

http://architecture.about.com/cs/countr ... palace.htm
Tell me, where is the city of Babylon today? (answer: it doesn't exist).
ElShamah wrote:2. there is a contradiction in hesekiel :

26:7 “For this is what the sovereign Lord says: Take note that10 I am about to bring King Nebuchadrezzar11 of Babylon, king of kings, against Tyre from the north, with horses, chariots, and horsemen, an army and hordes of people. 26:8 He will kill your daughters in the field with the sword. He will build a siege wall against you, erect a siege ramp against you, and raise a great shield against you. 26:9 He will direct the blows of his battering rams against your walls and tear down your towers with his weapons.12 26:10 He will cover you with the dust kicked up by his many horses.13 Your walls will shake from the noise of the horsemen, wheels, and chariots when he enters your gates like those who invade through a city's broken walls.14 26:11 With his horses' hoofs he will trample all your streets. He will kill your people with the sword, and your strong pillars will tumble down to the ground. 26:12 They will steal your wealth and loot your merchandise. They will tear down your walls and destroy your luxurious15 homes. Your stones, your trees, and your soil he will throw16 into the water.17 26:13 I will silence18 the noise of your songs; the sound of your harps will be heard no more. 26:14 I will make you a bare rock; you will be a place where fishing nets are spread. You will never be built again,19 for I, the Lord, have spoken, declares the sovereign Lord.

but then, it says :

29:17 In the twenty-seventh year, in the first month, on the first day of the month,18 the word of the Lord came to me: 29:18 “Son of man, King Nebuchadrezzar19 of Babylon made his army labor hard against Tyre.20 Every head was rubbed bald and every shoulder rubbed bare; yet he and his army received no wages from Tyre for the work he carried out against it. 29:19 Therefore this is what the sovereign Lord says: Look, I am about to give the land of Egypt to King Nebuchadrezzar of Babylon. He will carry off her wealth, capture her loot, and seize her plunder; it will be his army's wages. 29:20 I have given him the land of Egypt as his compensation for attacking Tyre21, because they did it for me, declares the sovereign Lord. 29:21 On that day I will make Israel powerful,22 and I will give you the right to be heard23 among them. Then they will know that I am the Lord.”

so, first , the prophecy, nebukadnezar would steal wealth and loot your merchandise, but then.....yet he and his army received no wages from Tyre for the work he carried out against it.

how should we explain that ?
Why would you say that's a contradiction? Nebu got his pay for invading Tyre from Egypt.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
munster
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by munster »

lilbassist93 wrote:Darnit munster! .... I'm fascinated with celtic culture, including the music(celtic folk, punk,etc.)hehe
And why do you have to like Lost? thats my show!(although last weeks episode was a waste) hahaha :lol:
welcome to the forum munster! :D
Why thank you for the welcome lilbassist93, but I doubt the chieftans, Luke Kelly (S.I.P.), or Sharon Shannon would be too happy that you included punk in Celtic music.

But yeah Lost was crap last week, 45 minutes of nothing....
'I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.' - Mark Twain
munster
Familiar Member

Post by munster »

First off apologies for getting the names and aliases mixed up Angelo, but Babylon and Baghdad are two entirely seperate cities with notable differences (besides 20 miles) which I think are obvious at this stage, so lets not go there.

But saying you posted links to two sites is taking a very easy way out, it proves nothing, someone opposing your argument could post links to sites that oppose creationism etc., but you still would not agree with it as your mind is made up before you join the discussion. Likewise with anyone who opposes creationism will not be swayed by the sites you linked to, as there mind is also made up before you try to evangelize us, which brings me to my second point.

It has been pointed out to me by my fellow members (a point I missed) that you claimed at the start of the forum on Atheist.ie:
I am not disposed and interested to convert anybody here
Yet at the start of this thread you asked the question:
Are there other participants of this forum, that use[d] to evangelize at diverse forums ?
So in other words you were trying to convert people in some way, by 'evangelizing' us.

So if you are posting to the site in future a bit of honesty would be appreciated.
'I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.' - Mark Twain
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Well, ElShamah, here is an example of what Godslanguage wrote on the first page.

:D
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ElShamah
Familiar Member

Post by ElShamah »

So in other words you were trying to convert people in some way, by 'evangelizing' us.

So if you are posting to the site in future a bit of honesty would be appreciated.
hi Munster

what does " evangelize" mean ? it means to spread the gospel. We follow Christs mandment to go to all the world, and to tell other people the good news of the gospel, forgiveness of sins, god's love and offer of eternal life. What YOU do with the message given, is entirely YOUR business. That means, if you want to react positively to the gospel, than YOU must convert from your sins, and your old life, to a new life in Christ. Its not ME to do that for you. That's why i do not convert anyone, but each one has to convert by its own to Christ, if wish so. ;) What generally is meant , when someone says : " you try to convert someone " - than someone wants to FORCE others to its own believe. I never do that. If you are fair enough, you will post my answer at the irish forum, and retract of acusing me to lie.
munster
Familiar Member

Post by munster »

ElShamah wrote:

hi Munster

what does " evangelize" mean ? it means the intention to spread the gospel. We follow Christs mandment to go to all the world, and to tell other people the good news of the gospel, forgiveness of sins, god's love and offer of eternal life. What YOU do with the message given, is entirely YOUR business. That means, if you want to react positively to the gospel, that YOU must convert from your sins, and your old life, to a new life in Christ. Its not ME to do that for you. That's why i do not try to convert anyone, but each one has to convert himself , by its own, to Christ, if wish so. ;) What generally is meant , when someone says : you try to convert someone - than it is meant, than someone wants to FORCE someone to its own believe. I never do that.
Hi ElShamah

You claimed claimed at the start of the atheist.ie thread that:
I am just here to testify my faith to anyone, that would like to know more and understand it better. i do not want to disrespect your faith, philosophy and convictions,
You never mentioned that you would be spreading the Gospel, by 'evangelizing'.

Also in response to you line from your last post:
We follow Christs mandment to go to all the world, and to tell other people the good news of the gospel, forgiveness of sins, god's love and offer of eternal life. What YOU do with the message given, is entirely YOUR business
You're wasting your time going on to Atheist sites with this in mind, well at least the Irish one anyway, as the vast majority of people on it have already been preached to for a lot of their lives, and that is exactly why they know that the Bible is false and the ones that preach it are deluded.

So if you want success at this preaching, stick to spreading the Gospel to the vulnerable in Brazil.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

munster wrote:So if you want success at this preaching, stick to spreading the Gospel to the vulnerable in Brazil.
Wait, aren't the Brazilians already converted? :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

munster wrote:
You're wasting your time going on to Atheist sites with this in mind, well at least the Irish one anyway, as the vast majority of people on it have already been preached to for a lot of their lives, and that is exactly why they know that the Bible is false and the ones that preach it are deluded.

So if you want success at this preaching, stick to spreading the Gospel to the vulnerable in Brazil.
This is all very interesting. Thanks for posting, munster. One thing I'd like to say, however, is that my experience has been that a lot of people who say they've been preached to and don't like what they heard, actually don't know the bible. A lot of atheists do - I'm not saying that. But there are a lot of people out there who don't believe in the God of the bible because they heard certain people who have a certain take or emphasis on the bible. You probably would believe how many people I've heard of that walk away from the faith because of "legalism." Faith turns into something difficult and impossible - it's law versus love. But once they read the bible for themselves, their attitude changes.

Anyway, so while it may be true that for most atheists, preaching to them will be useless, there may be some who actually here the word of God and not some unfortunate interpretation of it, and respond. There's another thread on the board where someone who was an atheist came to Christ recently. It's interesting to know how and why.

And yes, your Brazil remark is kind-of sad; as if Brazilians are less bright or something.
:|
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ElShamah
Familiar Member

Post by ElShamah »

Byblos wrote:
Tell me, where is the city of Babylon today? (answer: it doesn't exist).
its exactly located, where Saddam Hussein built his palast, as shown in the homepage. Doesnt contradict it Jesaia 13 ?

what the prophecy says is :

13:19 Babylon, the most admired40 of kingdoms,

the Chaldeans' source of honor and pride,41

will be destroyed by God

just as Sodom and Gomorrah were.42

13:20 No one will live there again;

no one will ever reside there again.43

No bedouin44 will camp45 there,

no shepherds will rest their flocks46 there.

13:21 Wild animals will rest there,

the ruined47 houses will be full of hyenas.48

Ostriches will live there,

wild goats will skip among the ruins.49

13:22 Wild dogs will yip in her ruined fortresses,

jackals will yelp in the once-splendid palaces.50

Her time is almost up,51

her days will not be prolonged.52

Why would you say that's a contradiction? Nebu got his pay for invading Tyre from Egypt.
interesting. Can you show me a source, to know more about that ?
ElShamah
Familiar Member

Post by ElShamah »

munster wrote: You never mentioned that you would be spreading the Gospel, by 'evangelizing'.
so what ?

Also in response to you line from your last post:

So you want to teach and tell me, what i should do , and what not ?

in regard of you remark of brazil, i will not take position, as i think its below the line.
munster
Familiar Member

Post by munster »

cslewislover wrote:
munster wrote:

This is all very interesting. Thanks for posting, munster. One thing I'd like to say, however, is that my experience has been that a lot of people who say they've been preached to and don't like what they heard, actually don't know the bible. A lot of atheists do - I'm not saying that. But there are a lot of people out there who don't believe in the God of the bible because they heard certain people who have a certain take or emphasis on the bible. You probably would believe how many people I've heard of that walk away from the faith because of "legalism." Faith turns into something difficult and impossible - it's law versus love. But once they read the bible for themselves, their attitude changes.

Anyway, so while it may be true that for most atheists, preaching to them will be useless, there may be some who actually here the word of God and not some unfortunate interpretation of it, and respond. There's another thread on the board where someone who was an atheist came to Christ recently. It's interesting to know how and why.

And yes, your Brazil remark is kind-of sad; as if Brazilians are less bright or something.
:|
Then what is he doing there in Brazil? preaching to people who have already been converted? I sincerely doubt it.

I have studied the Bible as part of my curriculm in University in relation to history. It is just one contradiction after another, and has various signs of being tampered with over the years. The New Testament was written anonymously about 40-50 years after Jesus walked the earth (I don't Jesus existed, but not what you claim him to be).

And how o you know that the Bible is right? why not read the Koran or follow Hinduism or Buddhism. People are mainly Chrisitan by chance not by choice.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

munster wrote:Then what is he doing there in Brazil? preaching to people who have already been converted? I sincerely doubt it.

I have studied the Bible as part of my curriculm in University in relation to history. It is just one contradiction after another, and has various signs of being tampered with over the years. The New Testament was written anonymously about 40-50 years after Jesus walked the earth (I don't Jesus existed, but not what you claim him to be).

And how o you know that the Bible is right? why not read the Koran or follow Hinduism or Buddhism. People are mainly Chrisitan by chance not by choice.
:shakehead:

So typical. No my friend, people are free to believe what they want. While many Christians are so by birth, the majority continue to be by choice. You know what else is by choice, ignorance.

This is a good time to remind you to read the board purpose and decide whether or not this place is for you.