pigs flying/ swine flu....get it?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

pigs flying/ swine flu....get it?

Post by zoegirl »

Well, my poor pun aside...

ANybody experiencing anything in regards to the swine flu... or H1N1 as the pork industry would probably prefer?

Here in MD, they have decided to close two schools. We have 9 probable cases, although I don't think any have been confirmed.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: pigs flying/ swine flu....get it?

Post by cslewislover »

My son is sick now, but I haven't taken him to the doctor. y:-?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
rodyshusband
Established Member
Sex: Male

Post by rodyshusband »

Here in western New York state, one "reported" case in one school has raised debate about closing the school.
By "reported", I mean they reported one case of the flu, unconfirmed as swine flu...then disputed...then reevaluated...then listed as "possible"...in other words, they don't know but it makes for a good headline.
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I've heard they are trying to find the right oinkment for it... :roll:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Gman wrote:I've heard they are trying to find the right oinkment for it... :roll:
:shakehead:

Lol. My son does have a flu or very bad cold, but it didn't seem necessary to take him to the doctor. Now if his ear gets infected, then I'll take him. Even with that, his chances of getting antibiotics are probably 50/50.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

cslewislover wrote:
Gman wrote:I've heard they are trying to find the right oinkment for it... :roll:
:shakehead:

Lol. My son does have a flu or very bad cold, but it didn't seem necessary to take him to the doctor. Now if his ear gets infected, then I'll take him. Even with that, his chances of getting antibiotics are probably 50/50.
Hey sorry about that... You might want to consider taking him to the doctor before that just in case. Here are the symptoms...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wK1127fHQ4
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

cslewislover wrote:My son does have a flu or very bad cold, but it didn't seem necessary to take him to the doctor. Now if his ear gets infected, then I'll take him. Even with that, his chances of getting antibiotics are probably 50/50.
Antibiotics are useless against the flu, H1N1 or otherwise. You need anti-viral medication like Tameflu and I believe that's a RX medication. The flu will have to run its course regardless. Just keep him hydratyed and monitor any signs of high fever.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Yep, antibiotics are great for bacteria, but do nothing to the flu virus.

If your child is young and running a high fever, I would at least call you doctor. Anit virals are only effective if given in the first 48 hours of symptoms. Also it is not the flu per se that is killing people. It is contracting pheumonia, which occurs because the body is so weakened by this flu strain.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Yeah, thanks guys. :) Concerning the antibiotics, I did just mean if he got a bacterial ear infection. He's had a lot of congestion and mucus, but he's only had a small amount of fever, actually. This morning, while he was sleeping, I could tell that he was breathing a lot better than the day before. :esmile:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

cslewislover wrote:Yeah, thanks guys. :) Concerning the antibiotics, I did just mean if he got a bacterial ear infection. He's had a lot of congestion and mucus, but he's only had a small amount of fever, actually. This morning, while he was sleeping, I could tell that he was breathing a lot better than the day before. :esmile:
Glad to hear he's feeling better. y[-o<
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

My husband got sick and immediately thought "swine flu'. Luckily it wasn't, but he does have pneumonia (again) and will be in the hospital for probably a week. :econfused:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them