Who was Adam?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Who was Adam?

Post by ageofknowledge »

Which genealogy? There are two in the New Testament and they read differently. I thought you were a YEC. I see you are not. Good. You can stop attacking me now.

How do you account for the different reading in Matthew and Luke and also how do you account for Christians like Francis Collins insisting the scientific data shows an original small population of modern humans instead of an original pair?

Thank you. Cheers :)
Alex G
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Alex G »

ageofknowledge wrote:Which genealogy? There are two in the New Testament and they read differently. I thought you were a YEC. I see you are not. Good. You can stop attacking me now.

How do you account for the different reading in Matthew and Luke and also how do you account for Christians like Francis Collins insisting the scientific data shows an original small population of modern humans instead of an original pair?

Well at least you have moved from embarrassing presumption to asking questions. Yes there are two genealogies but I find it amazing you heave such frothy protests about the veracity of the Bible but don't even have an inkling of understanding regarding something as elementary as the difference between the two genealogies.

As for attacking you, I was attacking your presumption and arrogance, not your person, please learn the distinction.

As for accounting for a Christian that holds to a view differing that other Christians...uh...well guess what, it isn't the first time in history and it won't be the last. This has to be your first rodeo.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Alex G wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:Which genealogy? There are two in the New Testament and they read differently. I thought you were a YEC. I see you are not. Good. You can stop attacking me now.

Well at least you have moved from embarrassing presumption to asking questions [Yes oh great Sahib I have]. Yes there are two genealogies but I find it amazing you heave such frothy protests about the veracity of the Bible but don't even have an inkling of understanding regarding something as elementary as the difference between the two genealogies [I'm happy to amaze one such as all knowing and powerful, worthy, wise, superior, and having such an overblown narcisstic ego as you possess great Sahib].

As for attacking you, I was attacking your presumption and arrogance, not your person, please learn the distinction [yes talk-down-to-everyone-because-they-must-be-lesser-than-his-overblown-pride-Sahibness, I shall].

As for accounting for a Christian that holds to a view differing that other Christians...uh...well guess what, it isn't the first time in history and it won't be the last. This has to be your first rodeo. [I have never been a cowboy your excellency. How did you know? Thank you for letting me feed from the crumbs off your table dazzling Sahib whose ego is above all men]
The Problem:

The Solution:

For those whose drink their ego in like an alcoholic a program of recovery from ego and narcissim exists in the 12 steps. Step 1 would be exiting your denial regarding your ego problem and admitting the damage it does to you and others.
Alex G
Acquainted Member

Post by Alex G »

Well let's hope you are nourished enough by the crumbs you fed upon to return to your senses.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Age of Knowledge, Alex, let's get back to the issues and stop the attacks.

Bring to the table the whys and the supporting details.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Alex G
Acquainted Member

Post by Alex G »

I did, (and for the record I didn't attack any person, just features of posts that were presumptuous) I pointed to the genealogy of Christ as quite literal, all the way to Adam and was attacked for it.

So anyone want to magically tell me how a "figurative Adam" could produce at some point a literal progeny?
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Alex G wrote:Well let's hope you are nourished enough by the crumbs you fed upon to return to your senses.
I don't find arrogance nourishing sorry Alex. But I did get a board warning from CSLewislover that fulfilled a codependent role to your arrogance which might please you. Since lewis doesn't understand pride and codependence I suspect they will either issue another board warning for pointing it out or simply ban me alltogether. It's not a solution that helps anyone but doing something often makes people feel better even if its the wrong thing to do.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

ageofknowledge wrote:
Alex G wrote:Well let's hope you are nourished enough by the crumbs you fed upon to return to your senses.
I don't find arrogance nourishing sorry Alex. But I did get a board warning from CSLewislover that fulfilled a codependent role to your arrogance which might please you. Since lewis doesn't understand pride and codependence I suspect they will either issue another board warning for pointing it out or simply ban me alltogether. It's not a solution that helps anyone but doing something often makes people feel better even if its the wrong thing to do.
Do you know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is ageofknowledge? You don't get to attack a moderator no matter the circumstances or the perceived motives, simply because she is doing her (volunteer) job. I will leave your fate up to her since she sent you the warning, but with this attitude you probably will not last here anyway.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Byblos wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:
Do you know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is ageofknowledge? You don't get to attack a moderator no matter the circumstances or the perceived motives, simply because she is doing her (volunteer) job. I will leave your fate up to her since she sent you the warning, but with this attitude you probably will not last here anyway.
The admins circle against a lone powerless indian. That's the way the world operates. Animals act like that and so do people. A self-fulfilling prophecy is when those with power make sure those without are taken care of for whatever reason they choose to use as the justification for it. Pointing out blatant arrogance and then being honest about it in this case.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

What are you so angry about age of knowledge?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

ageofknowledge wrote:The admins circle against a lone powerless indian. That's the way the world operates. Animals act like that and so do people. A self-fulfilling prophecy is when those with power make sure those without are taken care of for whatever reason they choose to use as the justification for it. Pointing out blatant arrogance and then being honest about it in this case.
Lol, you need to relax. First, no one is ganging up on you. As I recall, another mod (Zoegirl) asked both you and Alex to stop the attacks and concentrate on the discussion. Second, how do you know you were the only one to receive a warning? What we do know is that you're the only one who made it public, accusing another moderator of bias and insulting her in the process. Do you think we should just sit back and do nothing about it? If you keep wishing to be banned by antagonizing the very people who can treat you fairly, for no reason whatsoever might I add, we'll be more than happy to oblige and ban you. If, however, that is not what you're seeking (to be banned), then at this juncture I would strongly suggest getting back to the topic at hand (sans the ad homonyms, for BOTH of you :wink:).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Alex G
Acquainted Member

Post by Alex G »

Having moved on some days ago I will again try to move on and ask...

CAN or WILL SOMEONE tell me the magic formula that results in a literal Christ being the progeny of a figurative Adam per the genealogy of Christ?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Alex G wrote:Having moved on some days ago I will again try to move on and ask...

CAN or WILL SOMEONE tell me the magic formula that results in a literal Christ being the progeny of a figurative Adam per the genealogy of Christ?
First you would need to find someone who believes Adam was figurative.

Alex G
Acquainted Member

Post by Alex G »

Ok, to all who believe Adam was figurative then...
Last edited by Alex G on Fri May 08, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Alex G wrote:Ok, to all the believe Adam was figurative then...
:popcorn: