may showers

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

may showers

Post by zoegirl »

I hate bridal and baby showers.

it's sometimes very very hard to "Rejoice with those who rejoice"

nuff said :(
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: may showers

Post by cslewislover »

Aw. :( I think there's something in there about mourning with those who mourn, too; something like that.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Yes, but that tends to not happen....especially when the condition isn't changing.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

You could join a social club to meet nice men. A walking/biking/bird-watching/gourmet cooking/ or whatever club, it doesn't matter. The point is to get out and meet men. If the activity has too many women in it, dump it subito presto. Don't worry about enjoying the activity beforehand: you'll enjoy it once you meet Mr. Right.

Also: buy yourself some new clothes and shoes to wear.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

NOt to be cynical but do you think I haven't tried that? I have been to at least 5 church singles groups, joined two online Christian dating sites, tried two singles bible studies (both of which had a grand total of 15 women and 2 men, one of which was the leader, at least 20 years older), and at least 7 different churches....
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Wow, that original post is a year old....!!

I remember that...last year we had a rush of baby showers as well as weddings in our faculty ....weird how time dulls the memories....

and lol about the shoes and dress...that has never been a problem!!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

I don't believe there are so few Christian men out there, although sure, there will be fewer single Christian men. So, they must not be going to these things that you have attended. I would try and find some other activity or club or group that might be a draw for Christian men. I have no idea about your area, so I wouldn't know specifically what.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

zoegirl wrote:NOt to be cynical but do you think I haven't tried that? I have been to at least 5 church singles groups, joined two online Christian dating sites, tried two singles bible studies (both of which had a grand total of 15 women and 2 men, one of which was the leader, at least 20 years older), and at least 7 different churches....
Oh! OK...

Another alternative is to join a secular social club and meet a nice man. After that, you'll just have to lead him to Christ. I realize that this more easily said than done. (I've met a couple who «formed» under these circumstances.) There must be a lot of birders in Maryland...

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

FL wrote:Oh! OK...

Another alternative is to join a secular social club and meet a nice man. After that, you'll just have to lead him to Christ. I realize that this more easily said than done. (I've met a couple who «formed» under these circumstances.) There must be a lot of birders in Maryland...

FL
Simply....no....