Smoke\Drink

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
lilbassist93
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Smoke\Drink

Post by lilbassist93 »

Hi I have one quick question,
Is smoking or drinking a sin?
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Smoke\Drink

Post by ageofknowledge »

Personally, I don't believe smoking is a sin though it is a health issue and could be a stumbling block to people who think it is a sin. Same with one or two occassional drinks but since drunkeness is a sin and alcohol is addictive many a man and woman has traveled down that path only to end up in alcoholism and the type of drunken behavior scripture speaks against.

"First man takes the drink, then the drink takes the drink, and then the drink takes the man."

My advice is to avoid them both but especially alcohol.
Daluzinal
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Daluzinal »

I say from personal experience that cigarettes are more addictive.I quit smoking and drinking and cigarettes were way harder to quit.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

Daluzinal wrote:I say from personal experience that cigarettes are more addictive.I quit smoking and drinking and cigarettes were way harder to quit.
I was prayed over once for cigarettes at age 24 after I started following Christ and that addiction disappeared never to return. Same thing on a different occassion with alcohol. But I remember how damaging both of them were for me before being delivered.