OEC/YEC ...

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

OEC/YEC ...

Post by DannyM »

Hi,

I'm a Newbie. and I'm sure you've all been through this before. But I'd like a direct dialogue, with anyone who still can be bothered, about this debate. Personally, I've never really taken the 6 "days" literally - but am not an absolutist on this issue - and have a healthy respect for science with a normal understanding of its limitations. I generally believe in the "days" as not days as we know it but days outside of time as we know it. God is outside "time" as we know it. He does not change. There is no sense of "before" "after" "during" or "when" with God. There is no "before creation" (as we would know the term to mean), as time (if there *is* such a "thing") in "God's language" or "meaning" is beyond our comprehension, isn't it?

Dan y:-?
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Re: OEC/YEC ...

Post by Gabrielman »

Hey, I am OEC myself. Here is a link that will be helpful for you. Don't forget to read through the rest of the site(God and science main pages, not just this board), as it will be verry helpful. Sorry I didn't write my reasoning, well maybe I will just a little...
I believe God is an intellegent individual and that he used Science to create the universe. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in miricles, but I believe God uses science. I think it is a little convinient how perfectly in balance so that life can exist, the stars are a testament to His glory.
That probably didn't help much, but it is just an opinion, plus I didn't feel like writeing all of the evidence out since I am going to give a link.
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... ation.html
God bless!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gabrielman wrote:Hey, I am OEC myself. Here is a link that will be helpful for you. Don't forget to read through the rest of the site(God and science main pages, not just this board), as it will be verry helpful. Sorry I didn't write my reasoning, well maybe I will just a little...
I believe God is an intellegent individual and that he used Science to create the universe. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in miricles, but I believe God uses science. I think it is a little convinient how perfectly in balance so that life can exist, the stars are a testament to His glory.
That probably didn't help much, but it is just an opinion, plus I didn't feel like writeing all of the evidence out since I am going to give a link.
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... ation.html
God bless!
Hey Gabrielman, I appreciate the link. I'm more and more convinced of an Old Earth as I go on. I too believe God to be the ultimate scientist. Think of the impeccable balance of the mass of the proton/electron/neutron et cetera and how if any of these mass were moved even one thousand thousandth of an inch then the universe would not be fit for life. Talk about fine tuned ! I have, through your link, come across another page by Rich Deem which is very interesting concerning OEC.

Thanks again.

God bless
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Had to respond here. I quoted you in another thread,
DannyM wrote:Think of the impeccable balance of the mass of the proton/electron/neutron et cetera and how if any of these mass were moved even one thousand thousandth of an inch then the universe would not be fit for life.
You just said that so well that it took the words right out of my mouth! Great job! Anyway I was wondering if you had read the book, "Case for a Creator" by Lee Stroble. I used to have a copy, and it was a great start for me into OEC and God as a scientist. That's why I love this site so much! I hope you find all you need and I will be of help if I can. I have been out of the apologetics ring for a while so I will need time to refresh my mind, but I will do my best!
God bless! :D
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gabrielman wrote:Had to respond here. I quoted you in another thread,
DannyM wrote:Think of the impeccable balance of the mass of the proton/electron/neutron et cetera and how if any of these mass were moved even one thousand thousandth of an inch then the universe would not be fit for life.
You just said that so well that it took the words right out of my mouth! Great job! Anyway I was wondering if you had read the book, "Case for a Creator" by Lee Stroble. I used to have a copy, and it was a great start for me into OEC and God as a scientist. That's why I love this site so much! I hope you find all you need and I will be of help if I can. I have been out of the apologetics ring for a while so I will need time to refresh my mind, but I will do my best!
God bless! :D
Thanks Gabrielman. You know what, I have seen Lee Strobel a few times on youtube giving talks and he seems very precise and concise. You have just reminded me that I need to go buy "Case for a Creator" as it went completely out my mind. I have had Strobel recommended to me before, so this is a must! Ditto on the quality of this site 8) Thanks again.

God bless
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia