Genesis

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
WConn
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Genesis

Post by WConn »

I would like to make something clear, this bothers me. I am asking questions to get answers and to learn. My questions are sincere
and I wish not to cause any problems between other posters on this site. My interpretation of the Bible will be different from the
interpretations of others and knowing that I am new to this, I will put great weight in the opinions of others.

I do not wish to be seen as anything other than someone seeking answers. It pains me to see those who attempt to answer my questions
on this and other posts getting on each others case. Lets be friends and communicate with an open mind.

Thank you,

W
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

B. W. wrote:Isa 44:24, "Thus says the LORD (Yahweh), your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD (Yahweh), who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself..."

Jer 10:10-14, "But the LORD (Yahweh) is the true God (Elohim); he is the living God (Elohim) and the everlasting (eternal) King. At his wrath the earth quakes, and the nations cannot endure his indignation. 11Thus shall you say to them: "The gods (Elahhs) who did not make the heavens and the earth shall perish from the earth and from under the heavens."

Jer 10:12-13,” It is he who made the earth by his power, who established the world by his wisdom, and by his understanding stretched out the heavens. 13 When he utters his voice, there is a tumult of waters in the heavens, and he makes the mist rise from the ends of the earth. He makes lightning for the rain, and he brings forth the wind from his storehouses.

Isa 45:12, I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host
."-
B.W. I'm in total agreement on all of this. It is God alone who created all. God, the most powerful entity beyond our wildest imagination. What my original point was, and I may have been wrong and the plural may well have been God talking amongst the Trinity, was that God was conferring with those in his heavenly court. God acting alone in creation doesn't rule out this heavenly court as existent.
B. W. wrote:[Dan a Question for you: Where in the bible does it say there was a Heavenly Court?-

To my knowledge, it doesn't. It's a description I've heard before and am willing to use for the angels and others who I believe surround God and have surrounded him from the beginning (and beyond). But I guess I'm just putting my thoughts down here, not trying to make a set-in-stone theological assumption.

Nehemiah 9: 6: "You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you."
B. W. wrote:[--Pretty clear, it was the Lord alone who created all things...-
Absolutely agree. And I'll butt out of the rest of your post as I'm in complete agreement with you, and am beginning to think God probably is conferring with the Trinity (as in the author of the thread's original question). But I still believe there is some sort of "heavenly court". But I accept I'm wrong on this being the answer to the question.

Godbless.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

WConn wrote:B.W. and Danny M. I find that quite often Christians differ with each other in the area of interpretation. My purpose for asking questions
is to get answers and gain knowledge. Some things I can figure out for myself, somethings require an explanation. I have noted that
Christians who differ with each other can become quite contentious. It is not my intention to ask a question which then causes others
to become at odds.

Thank you both for your responses.

W
I'd like to think we're all brothers and sisters here, and we're just knocking around our own interpretations. I happen to believe my interpretation of your original point may well have been wrong, and in that case I've learned something new. What more could I ask for? I'm among Christians and I'm learning new ways of interpretation :P

Godbless
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia