Atheist Toolbox : has someone the guts to go that trough ?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
jerry
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Atheist Toolbox : has someone the guts to go that trough ?

Post by jerry »

Proinsias wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:Dialectic but without the materialism :lol:
A little common ground is better than nothing I suppose :)
:amen:

It looks good to me. :clap:
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

jerry wrote:
Proinsias wrote:

Haha.. I could have rephrased my statement I admit. Forgive me. I'm glad it created a bit of entertainment though. :)

Of course, God loves atheists just like He loves His own. Atheists just have no future with God in their unregenerate state. We do.
jerry
Familiar Member

Post by jerry »

ageofknowledge wrote:
jerry wrote:
Proinsias wrote:

Haha.. I could have rephrased my statement I admit. Forgive me. I'm glad it created a bit of entertainment though. :)

Of course, God loves atheists just like He loves His own. Atheists just have no future with God in their unregenerate state. We do.
Well, we have one here who is reading and studying. And I think that instead of kicking him we ought to be trying to help him. I didn't see anything funny about what you said. Proinsias is studying, now whether he gets there or not is undetermined, but at least he is trying. I say we stop kicking him and try to help him.
Atheists just have no future with God in their unregenerate state. We do.
We don't have a future with God either with an attitude like that. I went over to the Atheist Toolbox with that attitude several months ago thinking that none of them were worth saving, that none of them wanted to learn, that none of them cared enough to learn. Then I met Proinsias. Don't you think it would be much better to try and teach than it would to make statements like the one you made above? Yes there are a couple over there who are hard to deal with. And I'll admit that I don't get along with Darque or Inarai. But I am going to have to watch how I deal with them, because it is only making me look bad. So let's try to act like Christians and practice what we preach. :amen:
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

:clap: :amen:
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

jerry wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:
jerry wrote:
Proinsias wrote:

Well, we have one here who is reading and studying. And I think that instead of kicking him we ought to be trying to help him. I didn't see anything funny about what you said. Proinsias is studying, now whether he gets there or not is undetermined, but at least he is trying. I say we stop kicking him and try to help him.
Atheists just have no future with God in their unregenerate state. We do.
We don't have a future with God either with an attitude like that. I went over to the Atheist Toolbox with that attitude several months ago thinking that none of them were worth saving, that none of them wanted to learn, that none of them cared enough to learn. Then I met Proinsias. Don't you think it would be much better to try and teach than it would to make statements like the one you made above? Yes there are a couple over there who are hard to deal with. And I'll admit that I don't get along with Darque or Inarai. But I am going to have to watch how I deal with them, because it is only making me look bad. So let's try to act like Christians and practice what we preach. :amen:
Yes Jerry I do and yes you're right. I think though you're taking me too seriously. I have been bashed unmercifully and ridiculed for years engaging atheists apologetically. It's just a little tongue in cheek humor is all. I'll stop now. Let love flow. Sorry if I offended. Peace.
jerry
Familiar Member

Post by jerry »

ageofknowledge wrote:Yes Jerry I do and yes you're right. I think though you're taking me too seriously. I have been bashed unmercifully and ridiculed for years engaging atheists apologetically. It's just a little tongue in cheek humor is all. I'll stop now. Let love flow. Sorry if I offended. Peace.
I understand that. I have spent the last 20 or so years engaging atheists, and I know what it can be like. No offense taken.