Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Gabrielman »

Hey I got a question. What are these [bot] things? You know like google[bot]. They are always online, what are they doing? Just thought I would ask. Oh and one more question, how do you all put pics on the side and quotes at the bottom the way you do? Thanks in advance! God bless! :ebiggrin:
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Borkuf
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by Borkuf »

Before I begin browsing the boards like I used to back in the day, I'd like to say hey to everyone, especially those that may remember me from my previous alias AtheisticYouth. A lot has changed over the years, but lately I've been feeling compelled to rejoin the search for truth. While I'd love to get into my standings, I think they would be better expressed as the situation comes around. Briefly, though, I consider myself an agnostic-atheist with dire hopes that someday I may see things differently.

As far as educational credentials, I'm currently attending Auburn Montgomery, majoring in psychology, leading eventually to a masters in education, psychology, and maybe a doctorate in psychology. Outside of school though, I enjoy studying cosmology, particularly theology and physics, as well as apologetics and philosophy. I'm also an author and musician, but I suppose the latter two are less pertinent for participation on the board.

Anyways, hello everybody. :wave: I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Borkuf
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome aboard!! Interesting pic!! :wave:
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Gabrielman wrote:Hey I got a question. What are these [bot] things? You know like google[bot]. They are always online, what are they doing? Just thought I would ask. Oh and one more question, how do you all put pics on the side and quotes at the bottom the way you do? Thanks in advance! God bless! :ebiggrin:
Hey Gabrielman, you should go to this thread about images: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =2&t=33283

The bots are the crawlers that are gathering new information for the web search engines.
:)
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Borkuf wrote:Anyways, hello everybody. :wave: I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Borkuf
Hi Borkuf. I hope you find the board helpful, and that we all can have some interesting discussions.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, right? But when a cigar isn't just a cigar, does one need a psychiatrist to tell someone so? I wanted to say something about psychology, and that's practically the only thing my frazzled brain could think of.
y:p
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Borkuf
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by Borkuf »

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, right? But when a cigar isn't just a cigar, does one need a psychiatrist to tell someone so? I wanted to say something about psychology, and that's practically the only thing my frazzled brain could think of.
No, a cigar that isn't just a cigar is more than likely a fine cigar, and to assess the quality of a cigar one is better off asking a cigar connoisseur than a shrink, unless they want to be told that the Freudian doctrine equates smoking with an oral fixation, and that they smoke because mommy gave them too much attention.

Now, to test my hypothesis, I require a dozen Cubans straight from Castro's humidor. Failure to comply with my demands will result in yet another rediculous disorder that diagnoses any and all with a life-long, debilitating mental illness that can only be treated by check or money order made out to the attending doctor.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Welcome Borkuf, I hope you enjoy your experience here! God bless!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
derrick09
Valued Member

Post by derrick09 »

Hello everyone. I'm Derrick, I live in a small town in southeastern Kentucky. I currently work as a photographer and my hobbies are web browsing and Apologetics. Thank you all for having me here. :)
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Hi Derrick. Neat. Glad to have you, and hope you have a nice and productive time here.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Welcome aboard!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Welcome. And please do remember that any person who displays, handles or uses any kind of reptile in connection with any religious service or gathering shall be fined not less than fifty dollars ($50) nor more than one hundred dollars ($100). Thank you for your cooperation.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Welcome Derrick! I hope you enjoy this site and God bless!
snkalmr
Newbie Member

Post by snkalmr »

Hi my name is Linda!

I found this site and I have to say that I am impressed. I just posted this same message but believe I posted it in the wrong place. So if you see this same post somewhere else, sorry. I live in Pleasant Prairie, WI.........but wish I still lived in Colorado.....one day maybe. I work in the health field and at times can be very rewarding and very frustrating. I hope to learn alot from the different chats that I see going on.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Welcome! We are glad to have you here. I hope that you post more in the future. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Have any answers, feel free to post. God bless! :D
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Hey Linda. Glad to have you here! I think I'd like to live in Washington state the most. :)