Downloading Images from PC

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Adam_777
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Downloading Images from PC

Post by Adam_777 »

Hi Everyone,

B.W. and I were talking and we want some techie advice... :D

B. W. wrote:
Adam_777 wrote:Hi B.W.

How do I download images from my PC to include on my posts?
Hi Adam-777,

Good question - I do not know how to do that myself!

Why don't you ask on the Chit - Chat Forum so we can both learn!! :)
-
-
-
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Downloading Images from PC

Post by cslewislover »

I'm testing. The image below was included by simply putting in the image code from a photobucket image - which of course is not the pc. Oh, I did one earlier - duh - it's at the bottom - "Upload attachment." Let me test it.

There might be some instructions somewhere for doing that differently. I'd like to check myself.
Attachments
Bleach_087[1].jpg
Bleach_087[1].jpg (33.18 KiB) Viewed 2389 times
Last edited by cslewislover on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Actually you don't download the image, you merely point to it on the web...

Then you simply put it in the brackets [ ] example... {img} {/img} or {img}http://ts1.images.live.com/image.jpg{/img}
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Gman wrote:Actually you don't download the image, you merely point to it on the web...

Then you simply put it in the brackets [ ] example... {img} {/img} or {img}http://ts1.images.live.com/image.jpg{/img}
But that's from the web, right, not from your pc?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

cslewislover wrote:
Gman wrote:Actually you don't download the image, you merely point to it on the web...

But that's from the web, right, not from your pc?
Yes... You can also upload the attachment, like you did as well (which actually puts it on the web server not your pc). The problem with that is that it always puts it on the bottom. Plus, over time sometimes they get deleted off the server to save room...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Yes, it would be more useful just to download it from the web. Right in the bar here, while I'm posting, is the "Img" code. When I used my photobucket image, though, it just did it automatically. The problem with the image is that it's cut off, and it's so large. Have to resize them first, perhaps.

OK. I want to test this now. I assume you take the url from "properties," after right-clicking on the image.

Yes, it worked. That is one of my neopets, MorningstarRev2217 (lol).

PS: Much later . . . they made it so you can't link to them. :(
Adam_777
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Adam_777 »

Alright, so you can attach stuff but you can only do it one at a time and it always ends up at the bottom.
Attachments
CrossFogLake.jpg
CrossFogLake.jpg (136.61 KiB) Viewed 2355 times
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

I was playing around with some images. If anyone wants to use this here for an avatar, they can (it's the right size).

cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

I just wanted to bring this up to the front again, in case no one saw it, or hardly anyone. (Maybe we should have a sticky for images that can be used for avatars and signatures.) Anyway, if anyone want's to use that image above, please do.