Matthew 22:24-31

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Matthew 22:24-31

Post by Gabrielman »

Okay so in these verses it says that no one will be married or given in marriage. The question I have is this: Does that apply to the new earth? Does it mean forced marriages? (I believe back then they were forced to marry right? So what I mean is, is He only talking about forced marriages?) Just an honest question, this verse has always baffled me, cause like I said they had forced marriges back then. I was wondering if one could marry of their own free will in the new earth. Thanks for any anwers. Matthew 22:24-31 I have more questions, but I will ask them later.
God Bless!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
erawdrah
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Matthew 22:24-31

Post by erawdrah »

These verse are speaking after seconding coming of Christ. After the resurrection. We will no longer be married or given in marriage. We will be like the angels that don't marry. We will be spiritual beings not of flesh and blood. I would think this would apply to the new earth and the new heaven too.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Yeah, in our glorified bodies, we will not have marriage. I believe there will be something better for us in that form, actually.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

cslewislover wrote:Yeah, in our glorified bodies, we will not have marriage. I believe there will be something better for us in that form, actually.
I would agree :amen:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Thanks! And I like what CS wrote espicially.
God bless!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.