The Blind Watchmaker

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

The Blind Watchmaker

Post by Mastermind »

I'm going to be reading it for my Science History book report. Any Atheist BS in it I should look for before I start?
seedling
Recognized Member

Post by seedling »

Hey Mastermind,

For what it's worth, I haven't read The Blind Watchmaker but I have read two other Richard Dawkins books, The Devil's Chaplain and Unweaving the Rainbow. Richard Dawkins doesn't believe in "God" but I really liked these two books and like the way Dawkins writes, and after reading these two books I was more convinced than ever that there is a Creator ... I almost felt like, I was seeing science and the beauty of the world from Dawkins point of view, his scientific knowledge, his love of discovery, and it inspired so much awe in me that I thought ... there is an Intelligence to this Universe, this Creation. Who or what, where, why, I don't know ... but the first chapter of Unweaving the Rainbow regarding DNA was so beautiful I thought ... only You ...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Richard Dawkins certainly doesn't believe in any God. He's an arch evolutionist who thinks anyone who believes in God and/or disbelieves in evolution is ignorant, weak and stupid.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I saw the book, but the title was so stupid, I just guessed the rest was....I'm guessing it's about how evolution is the clockmaker, that has created us. I want to hear about some of his stupid arguments when you get to them....I couldn't read the book, I'd throw it out the window, after setting fire to it.
I'm going to be reading it for my Science History book report
Ha! We've narrowed your age down! Between probably 14 and 20....
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
I'm going to be reading it for my Science History book report
Ha! We've narrowed your age down! Between probably 14 and 20....
You must of missed when He actually said his Age in another Thread or I could bet you :twisted: say $20 and I'll say 19!
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

NUTS! :twisted: Because just yesterday, August was musing how old he was....and I read that thread....missed a spot I guess.

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:NUTS! :twisted: Because just yesterday, August was musing how old he was....and I read that thread....missed a spot I guess.
LOL K I have to say you are good Sport...
:wink:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... .php?t=302
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Ah, to feel stupid-again.

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I could've taken that class at 22 and you would have been wrong.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

You would be a complete idiot to fail that many times....I doubt you'd have a science book report in college....

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Actually, I made a mistake. It's not a book report, it's a book review. And I AM in college. I'm taking Science History, so stuff like this is standard.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Hhhmm...I've never heard of book reviews being homework from all the ex-seniors I still talk to....but I'm still right :lol: it's not a book report :wink: So, is your professor an evolutionist, creationist, theistic evolutionist....?

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

It's not homework, it's worth a good chunk of my mark. And I think she's a theistic evolutionist but I'm not sure.