Love for the believer or the worldly

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
zambino10
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Framework

Love for the believer or the worldly

Post by zambino10 »

Hi, there. this is my first time here, i kind of disagree with the page to the site evidence of God. on Love, maybe someone can get me to agree?

Bible Verses on Love — Love for Those that believe the word of God, a non believer would not know these things, and only a willing person to know the the word of God could accept such a love. Also I would like to point out that No where does it say Love is Sex. I would like to hear Your thoughts.

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. - Proverbs 17:17

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - excerpts from 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. - John 15:12-13

'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, y:O2 but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD. - Leviticus 19:18

Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs. — Proverbs 10:12
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Love for the believer or the worldly

Post by cslewislover »

Welcome Zambino - nice to have you here! Can you give the link or title to the site article you refer to?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zambino10
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Framework

Post by zambino10 »

Evidence for God from Science, Love defined in the Bible. it is my belief that love is conditional and so is Gods love. defined by the Bible. First off love is a leaned process never instantaneous, its a working progress. lets be a little real when it comes to what love is?
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

God's love isn't conditional. You don't need to do anything to accepet His love. There is no special ritual, or act or something you must do to accepet His love. He will give it to you, and you are to come to Him as you are. Now there is the question, how do you know if you really have acepted God's love? I believe if you accepet his love that you will:
1.Love Him back
2.By loving Him back want to change your ways to be with Him
God bless.
:wave: Hi CSLL y~o) Would you like some coffee right now? :mrgreen:
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Ok, so this is the article, I believe: http://www.godandscience.org/love/bibli ... MmLq9DkBaT

It seems right-on to me. God loves everyone, yes, so it is not conditional (John 4:8). Salvation is conditional, however; we need to accept that on our part.

Hey, Gabrielman! Sure I'll have coffee with you! y~o) y~o) Make mine a hazelnut latte!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis