Cheating

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Ngakunui
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Cheating

Post by Ngakunui »

hei gaiz im gun haxor css n stff kthnxbai

Actually, no. Though it'd be fun.

I'm curious about this: does it say anything specifically about cheating being immoral in the Bible? Recently, I've thought back to all the days I'd play Halo2 -used to play- and I couldn't help but think about how often people would cheat in it. Most commonly wallhacks. I've been thinking of getting such a mod for Garry'smod, since it's a sandbox game(no competition: just fooling around), but as for actual competitive games, especially ones that aren't simulated on a machine... well, come to think of it, I'm actually unsure about it. I'm definitely not going to be getting any texture-hacks for Counterstrike any time soon, but I'm still curious about this.

Does anyone have any quotations from the Bible about this, or insight?
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Cheating

Post by cslewislover »

Well cheating is a deception - you're trying to gain something falsely, and often it will hurt others. It's a lie, and can be a form of stealing. I think even most non-Christians know that this is wrong, so it's not even necessary to have it spelled out in the bible. However, there are verses in the bible about false scales, Proverbs 11:1 and Leviticus 19:35-36 - that's cheating and stealing.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis