Is the literal six day creation wrong?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Alan McDougall
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is the literal six day creation wrong?

Post by Alan McDougall »

I want you to tell me what you think about my previous post not refer me to a link that has fixed ideas on the matter
. The creation of the universe time, matter, energy, space, light is unimaginably complex to finite humans like us, but to God who is unlimited in everything it is a peace of cake.

To us the earth in reality is unimaginably old, to God it is only in its seventh day.

The links detail nothing new to me I am not a believer in that God created the universe and the earth in "six earth days or man days". God created the universe, earth, life humanity in "six divisions of twelve or twenty four GOD HOURS"
God Bless in Jesus name

Alan
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is the literal six day creation wrong?

Post by Gman »

Alan McDougall wrote:
I want you to tell me what you think about my previous post not refer me to a link that has fixed ideas on the matter
. The creation of the universe time, matter, energy, space, light is unimaginably complex to finite humans like us, but to God who is unlimited in everything it is a peace of cake.

To us the earth in reality is unimaginably old, to God it is only in its seventh day.

The links detail nothing new to me I am not a believer in that God created the universe and the earth in "six earth days or man days". God created the universe, earth, life humanity in "six divisions of twelve or twenty four GOD HOURS"
I was addressing what you said earlier about the earth being void or the repairing of the void earth. It sounds much like the gap creation model. Of course we have to take in consideration the fossil record..

"Proponents of the theory state that the dinosaurs were destroyed between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. We know from radioactive dating that the dinosaurs and about 80% of all other species of life were destroyed 65 million years ago, probably by a collision of an asteroid with the earth. Life on earth did not cease at that time, since God created an entirely new set of animals and plants within five million years of the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction. There is no complete gap in the fossil record from 3.6 billion years ago until the present age. There is no gap at all recorded in the fossil record for thousands of modern species for the past hundreds of thousands of years. In addition, there is abundant evidence that modern man has been on this planet for the last 50,000 years. If the earth at one point "became waste and wild" through a "pre-Adamic flood" there remains no physical evidence for this event."

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... lU4zoWUQvi

Either the science is wrong or God is simply pulling our legs..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8