Robot Wars (Is evolution completely factual?)

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Robot Wars (Is evolution completely factual?)

Post by Gman »

Is the evolutionary theory based on solid facts? Is it an unquestionable slam dunk for science? Watch as the robots duke it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOdnJFC ... tube_gdata
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Robot Wars (Is evolution completely factual?)

Post by Gabrielman »

:clap: Another job well done Gman!!!!! Keep them coming!!!!!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Just wanted to add that it is funny how the few people who leave comments not only do not understand the connection between evolution and origins of life, but they don't even attempt to make arguments!!!! :lol: Gman these are awsome, you should be getting paid to do these!!!!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Another great job, Gman! The multi-media king of G&S! y:p
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Echoside
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Echoside »

I find it interesting that when evolution is argued against people sometimes fall back on the "darwinian evolution and abiogenesis are two different things" position. The thing is, it always seems like biological evolution is used to attempt to disprove creationism, but without backing for abiogenesis. I see one of the main points of creationism as god created life, and unless abiogenesis is proven taking God out of the picture doesn't seem feasible. Especially when someone thinks in no way can creationism and evolution function together. A theory of how life adapted after it started really doesn't account for how the life got there in the first place. Which is why I think while abiogenesis and evolution aren't the same, to disprove creationism in any way requires them both.

Someone commented something about biological and chemical evolution being two different things on one of the youtube videos, but I dont think that gets around the problem.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Echoside wrote:I find it interesting that when evolution is argued against people sometimes fall back on the "darwinian evolution and abiogenesis are two different things" position. The thing is, it always seems like biological evolution is used to attempt to disprove creationism, but without backing for abiogenesis. I see one of the main points of creationism as god created life, and unless abiogenesis is proven taking God out of the picture doesn't seem feasible. Especially when someone thinks in no way can creationism and evolution function together. A theory of how life adapted after it started really doesn't account for how the life got there in the first place. Which is why I think while abiogenesis and evolution aren't the same, to disprove creationism in any way requires them both.

Someone commented something about biological and chemical evolution being two different things on one of the youtube videos, but I dont think that gets around the problem.
The word "abiogenesis" is not used in the most biology curricula today. It still is a part of the greater evolutionary process however. We have addressed that here.

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =15#p71714

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Gabrielman wrote:Just wanted to add that it is funny how the few people who leave comments not only do not understand the connection between evolution and origins of life, but they don't even attempt to make arguments!!!! :lol: Gman these are awsome, you should be getting paid to do these!!!!

Hey thanks much Gabriel and CS... I'll try to do some work on how finely tuned the universe is later perhaps. ;)

Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Hey what happened to the vids!? LOL More vids Gman or no cake! Image
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Oh I almost forgot about these.. It seems that only you and CS are my only fans. ;)

Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Gman wrote:Oh I almost forgot about these.. It seems that only you and CS are my only fans. ;)
Well I do love your Vids!!!! I would love it if you did make more, lol but no rush the cake isn't going anywhere!!! And besides it's better to have 2 fans than it is to have 0! :clap: Just keep up the great work! They will come when they see how great your vids are!