Babies surviving abortions

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Babies surviving abortions

Post by Jac3510 »

You HAVE to watch this video:

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/vi ... m=text_url

Send it to everyone you know. This is something someone posted on another forum I frequent, and I want you all to see it. We know that children are born alive during abortions. The CDC estimates 500 per year.

People need to know about this. The video is hard to watch (I almost lost it twice), but it needs to be seen and passed along.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Babies surviving abortions

Post by ageofknowledge »

Birth control makes sense. This does not.
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

I'm not sure what the additional doctor bit was about (I'm not up to speed with US abortion policies...) but the fact that they were carrying out abortions at 32 weeks is insane. Is an abortion that late something that can be done on request, or does it come down to e.g. the mother's medical condition?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

By request, tc. It's rather sick, don't you think?
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Jac --

Wouldn't you say this would be considered a breach in Moral Law?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
touchingcloth
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

Jac3510 wrote:By request, tc. It's rather sick, don't you think?
Yeah, pretty sick. In the UK for an abortion that late I think 2 doctors are needed to confirm that the birth would be very likely to endanger the mother's life.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

That is exactly what the BAIPA (born alive infant protection act) would have required. The quote from Obama at the beginning was his argument as to why he opposed it--having an extra doctor would have been an unnecessary "burden" on the original decision.

I didn't realize that confirming a mother's life in danger was a "burden," but then again, I'm not a liberal Democrat, either. Whatever anyone's views on abortion is, how ANYONE can believe that ANY abortion should be legal after 27 weeks is beyond me--at that point, with medical care, the child can survive outside of the womb. Worst case, do a c-section and try to save the baby. And with the advanced medical treatment we have now, it's possible to survive even earlier.

I just cannot believe this is legal in the US. So much to the right to LIFE . . .
BW wrote:Jac --

Absolutely. It violates the Moral Law in EVERY possible way. It's murder. I make no bones about this. It's a MORAL position.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Jac3510 wrote:That is exactly what the BAIPA (born alive infant protection act) would have required. The quote from Obama at the beginning was his argument as to why he opposed it--having an extra doctor would have been an unnecessary "burden" on the original decision.

I didn't realize that confirming a mother's life in danger was a "burden," but then again, I'm not a liberal Democrat, either. Whatever anyone's views on abortion is, how ANYONE can believe that ANY abortion should be legal after 27 weeks is beyond me--at that point, with medical care, the child can survive outside of the womb. Worst case, do a c-section and try to save the baby. And with the advanced medical treatment we have now, it's possible to survive even earlier.

I just cannot believe this is legal in the US. So much to the right to LIFE . . .
BW wrote:Jac --

Absolutely. It violates the Moral Law in EVERY possible way. It's murder. I make no bones about this. It's a MORAL position.
Food for thought:

Moral Law is discovered not determined...

From this the basis of truth is exposed supporting the violation of the Moral Law discovered without doubt...
Jac3510 wrote:It's murder.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Imperial
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Imperial »

This video proves nothing other than the fact that the mother was too stupid to get an abortion early in the pregnancy and decided to wait until the very last second.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

No, she did something stupid by having an abortion in the first place. See this is what I don't get, liberals will happily exacute a baby, but the criminal who kills a bunch of people is just "misunderstood" and gets to live. The don't want capital punishment, but they want to kill defensless little babies who have done no wrong. What's next? Who knows how far they will go with this stuff. This makes me sick...
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Well we had our 12 week scan 6 weeks ago and the we saw our baby literally dancing in the womb - It was alive and healthy and strong. We are having our 20 week on this week. In Britain - you can still have an abortion at 24 weeks. I just don't get it. It is murder plain and simple - it is taking a life. There is no gray area here at all.

Yes there are arguements if the mothers life is in danger - but IMO that is the only case where abortion should be even be considered - and it is still murder.

Silvertusk.