Merry X-mas?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Merry X-mas?

Post by Gman »

What's up with this marry x-mas stuff anyway? Why take the "Christ" out of Christmas? What is wrong with people these days? Wouldn't want to offend people I guess.. :shakehead:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Merry X-mas?

Post by zoegirl »

It's so dilute now.

I watch some of the kids shows with my nieces and nephews and it's amazing how unrecognizable the "Christmas" stuff is, especially on Nickolodeon. According to Spongebob and his new Christmas season song...."Don't be a jerk" that's all the season is about!

Gee, never thought of that before!! :roll: (anyone remember "can't we all just get along?")

the world seeks peace and refuses to see where to find it ....
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Re: Merry X-mas?

Post by Gabrielman »

Gman wrote:What's up with this marry x-mas stuff anyway? Why take the "Christ" out of Christmas? What is wrong with people these days? Wouldn't want to offend people I guess.. :shakehead:
Yet in their attempt to not offend people they offend us. Saying merry x-mas is offinsive to me, not that they care.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.