Honor Killings and maimings

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Honor Killings and maimings

Post by cslewislover »

From: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/0 ... 43122.html

Noor Faleh Almaleki Dies: Iraqi Woman In US Dead After Father Runs Her Over For Being Too Westernized
AMANDA LEE MYERS | 11/ 2/09 08:00 PM | AP

PHOENIX — A young Iraqi woman whose father allegedly hit her with his car because she had become too Westernized died from her injuries Monday after laying in a coma for nearly two weeks.

Noor Faleh Almaleki, 20, underwent spinal surgery and had been in a hospital since Oct. 20, when police say her father ran down her and her boyfriend's mother with his Jeep as the women were walking across a parking lot in the west Phoenix suburb of Peoria.

The other woman, Amal Khalaf, is expected to survive.

Faleh Hassan Almaleki, 48, fled after the attack but was arrested Thursday when he arrived at Atlanta's airport, where he was sent from the United Kingdom after authorities denied him entrance.

Peoria police interviewed him and brought him back to Arizona over the weekend, but have declined to release what Almaleki said to them.

At a court hearing over the weekend in Phoenix, county prosecutor Stephanie Low told a judge that Almaleki admitted to committing the crime.

"By his own admission, this was an intentional act and the reason was that his daughter had brought shame on him and his family," Low said. "This was an attempt at an honor killing."

Family members had told police that Almaleki attacked his daughter because he believed she had become too Westernized and was not living according to his traditional Iraqi values.

Almaleki, wearing a jail uniform, said only his name and birth date during the hearing. He has declined requests to be interviewed.

Almaleki had faced charges of aggravated assault, but Peoria police spokesman Mike Tellef said the charges will be upgraded in light of Noor Faleh Almaleki's death.

Police said the Almalekis moved to Peoria from Iraq in the mid-1990s.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/0 ... 43122.html
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Honor Killings and maimings

Post by ageofknowledge »

If he had been a true believer he would have done it old school traditional then stayed his ground to accept the consequences. This idiot ran over his daughter with his car and fled like a coward. I don't see any honor in that and I don't think most Muslims do either.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I find it amusing that Islam can do bus ads in gay San Francisco with impunity:

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=369
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

Are you guys taking a gun and shoot muslims, arabs, avorters, prostitutes, gays, and anyone that does not fit in your christian belief? Or are you just pleasing yourselves trying convincing others and yourselves in your false christian faith?

Shame, shame, shame on you!

Zebulon
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

What?!?!? Zebulon, please elaborate.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

zoegirl wrote:What?!?!? Zebulon, please elaborate.
Zoegirl,

Epistles of John, 2-(9-11)
:D

[Added reference so Bible verse would pop-up with no change to original post -- 2 John 9-11 ]
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Zebulon wrote:
zoegirl wrote:What?!?!? Zebulon, please elaborate.
Zoegirl,

Epistles of John, 2-(9-11)
:D

[Added reference so Bible verse would pop-up with no change to original post -- I John 2:9-11 ]
Zebulon,

Your reference makes no sense to me. Are you suggesting that anyone in this thread is advocating violence against muslims, gays etc?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
Your reference makes no sense to me. Are you suggesting that anyone in this thread is advocating violence against muslims, gays etc?
No Canuckster, they confirmed it to me by scripturing (writing) it. If someone does sin then take him by the hand if needed and show him the path way (Jesus-Christ, our Brother and thus the Father, cause they are one).

Christians aroud the World have to get together and follow the Christ together. We still have the Internet to do so. But we have not much time left before we will have to do it by mouth to ear.

Zebulon
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

um, you do realize that the original post was of a Muslim Father killing his daughter, right?

How in the world do you get this idea that we are encouraging violence?
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

zoegirl wrote:um, you do realize that the original post was of a Muslim Father killing his daughter, right?
Right Zoegirl, and thanks for the verse link...
zoegirl wrote:How in the world do you get this idea that we are encouraging violence?
How in the world do you get the idea that my idea was that anyone here is encouraging violence?

If a father kills his daughter for any reason, wether he is a Jew, a bisexual, a Catholic or a Muslim does not mean that his relation to what he stands for is the reason to be punished for.

Jews, bisexuals, Catholics, Muslims, prostitutes, Chinese, blacks, Female, Shemale, white, Male, humans of any circomstances are not the ones we should be afraid of (or trow the first rock at?).

The one (s) we should look for (not be afraid of like Jesus said) is the antiChrist(s).
We are not in the light anymore.
John 12 (34 up to 36).
Added by Zebulon later on:
34 Then the people in answer said to him, The law says that the Christ will have life without end: how say you then that it is necessary for the Son of man to be lifted up? Who is this Son of man?
35 Jesus said to them, For a little time longer the light will be among you; while you have the light go on walking in it, so that the dark may not overtake you: one walking in the dark has no knowledge of where he is going.
36 In so far as you have the light, put your faith in the light so that you may become sons of light. With these words Jesus went away and for a time was not seen again by them.

Therefore, I invite anyone to bring other warnings from the Words of Jesus-Christ. Atrocities are comitted in our world by anyone, anyhow or from anywhere. Atrocities are current today as they where at the time of Jesus.

My goal was not to point the finger at Cewislover, Age or FL because of the circomstances of a father killing his daughter, but mostly to the fact that they enjoyed that the killer is Muslim.

Your country, my country (Canada) and 11 other countries of United Nations are making (thus killing many innocents) war in Aphganistan.

CAN ANYONE JUSTIFY THIS ACT right here in this Forum?

Be prepare for a good debate cause I am ready!

Kindly,

Zebulon
Last edited by Zebulon on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

Zoegirl,

I just realize that you did not connect to the correct verse. I was refering to the Epistle of John not John itself. Maybe in English they are not called Epistles?

Thanks.

Zebulon
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

Zoegirl,

I just realize that you did not connect to the correct verse. I was refering to the Epistle of John not John itself. Maybe in English they are not called Epistles?

Here it is:
9 He who says that he is in the light, and has hate in his heart for his brother, is still in the dark.
10 He who has love for his brother is in the light, and there is no cause of error in him.
11 But he who has hate for his brother is in the dark, walking in the dark with no knowledge of where he is going, unable to see because of the dark.

Thanks.

Zebulon
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Zebulon,

That was me who tried to make the connection to the verses you referenced.

In English, The Gospel of John is refered to as John. The Epistles of John are usually referred to as I John, 2 John and 3 John and pronounced as First John, Second John and Third John.

Thanks for clarifying.

bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Zebulon,

That was me who tried to make the connection to the verses you referenced.
Ok Bart, thanks!
Canuckster1127 wrote:In English, The Gospel of John is refered to as John. The Epistles of John are usually referred to as I John, 2 John and 3 John and pronounced as First John, Second John and Third John.
Indead I realized this when I opened one of my English version of the Bible.

Next times I will read my favorite French Bible (Osty version) and then take the verses from one of the English one that suit it best.

Thanks for your time.

By the way what html code do you use to make the popup connexion?

I kindda like it!

Kindly,

Zebulon
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Zebulon, how can you say I posted what I did because I enjoyed that a Muslim did it??? That's assuming a whole lot, and something that is false. The post shows how bad off some religions are, besides we as a community aren't always helping people in need, like this girl. There are people who run sites who do seek to help them. I would never "enjoy" pointing out violence perpetrated by anyone. That's just really bizarre! I had also posted in the past about a "Christian" man who murdered an abortion doctor, but they have just been on fb. Maybe with some loving intervention, he would not have done that crime. You're worried about some of us pointing the finger--maybe you should think more about pointing the finger at us!

One of my motives in pointing these things out is that so many think Islam is a religion of peace, and many get sucked into it because that's what they hear. Yet if they knew of these events - which happen all over, it wasn't just this one crazy dad - maybe they wouldn't join. I've heard former Muslim men speak who tell of western women who marry middle eastern muslims and visit their husband's home country, but then are forced to stay against their will. This is not a peaceful or loving religion for many, and it is loving to point this out so that others don't fall into it.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis