blizzard on east coast

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: blizzard on east coast

Post by zoegirl »

Oh, we'll probably be off school until thursday (drivers in MD have no sense....they are trying to get out of the neighorhood today and getting stuck in the main road....foolish) We have more snow coming tuesday night

I like snow all right, but must say this is rather tiring....I will be glad to stay home.

Probably shoveled five times (and I live in a townhome...so I can't really complain)
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by DannyM »

zoegirl wrote:Oh, we'll probably be off school until thursday (drivers in MD have no sense....they are trying to get out of the neighorhood today and getting stuck in the main road....foolish) We have more snow coming tuesday night

I like snow all right, but must say this is rather tiring....I will be glad to stay home.

Probably shoveled five times (and I live in a townhome...so I can't really complain)
I'd love to be over there when it's 30 inches of snow, if you please!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

it it neat to be part of the local history ("oh, you remember *that* year?)....

I will say this, it's amazing to see the sense of community this brings out. Neighbors shoveling out together, working together to clear each others cars out.

Our road is better than any other road in my neighborhood...I have great neighbors...

It started snowing friday morning at 11 and didn't stop until saturday afternoon at 4.

For two or three hours saturday morning we had three inches per hour....the other times it was closer to two.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

zoegirl wrote:it it neat to be part of the local history ("oh, you remember *that* year?)....

I will say this, it's amazing to see the sense of community this brings out. Neighbors shoveling out together, working together to clear each others cars out.

Our road is better than any other road in my neighborhood...I have great neighbors...

It started snowing friday morning at 11 and didn't stop until saturday afternoon at 4.

For two or three hours saturday morning we had three inches per hour....the other times it was closer to two.
Right I'm moving to your neighbourhood! :lol: I lurve the snow.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

You;d be better off moving to minnesota or michigan for the lake effect!!

We usually don't get a lot of snow, although this is a whopper.. .

The last two years have been very mild winters.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

A facebook friend was joking about the baby boom that will happen in about 9 months from now!! :esurprised: :ebiggrin: :lol:
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

zoegirl wrote:You;d be better off moving to minnesota or michigan for the lake effect!!

We usually don't get a lot of snow, although this is a whopper.. .

The last two years have been very mild winters.
Yeah good point. I do have this small dream of moving to US some day. I'd really have to do my homework if It became a reality.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

zoegirl wrote:A facebook friend was joking about the baby boom that will happen in about 9 months from now!! :esurprised: :ebiggrin: :lol:
:lol: Oh yeah!!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Schools here already are canceling until Thursday...we have been forecast to get somewhere between 6-12 more inches tomorrow afternoon through Wednesday....Unbelievable...
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

East Coasters,

Three feet - that's all?? :mrgreen:

It is snowing in Colorado again but it is light - about three inches but I hear it is heading your way soon! I have three feet in depth piles on snow still left over from December boarding my driveway I have shovled. The sun doesn't hit and melt the snow there or the front yard but the backyard has melted off and only has three new inches…

Grab some hot coco and enjoy!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Yes, but this is also close to three feet all in one fell swoop....no time between snow storms to clear and pile....there is a real problem with where to put this stuff.

I'm not worried, other than losing an entire week of my AP bio curriculum which is death at this point of the year.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

zoegirl wrote:Schools here already are canceling until Thursday...we have been forecast to get somewhere between 6-12 more inches tomorrow afternoon through Wednesday....Unbelievable...
On top of the 30 inches already there? This is absolutely amazing! I was telling a friend yesterday about our little conversation, Zoe, and he said EXACTLY the same as me..."Blimey, we get a few inches over here and the country comes to a stand still." I said, "That's exactly what I said!" I hope you're okay, though, and it's not causing any real problems for you or anyone else. I'm getting a bit romantic about it, here in old Blighty, but I hope everything is "okay" for you all.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

The unofficial name for this upcoming storm is now "snoverkill"
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

lol, yeah....the forecast is up to 10-20 inches...

I'm still okay, although I was scheduled to close on my refinancing thursday evening....wish I knew how likely that will be...

Went grocery shopping last night....the store closest to me was entirely out of milk and eggs (there was one pitiful looking chocalate soy milk left and one carton of broken eggs...), I only needed milk, how 'bout that...

I found some at the local 7-11 (recognized a few fellow Safeway shoppers getting their milk :-)

as long as the electricity remains here I will be good.

I pretty comfortable being at home, finding things to do....it takes awhile to get cabin fever and living in a townhome community it's just as simple as opening the door and saying hi to the neighbor across the way or helping each other dig out.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

zoegirl wrote:lol, yeah....the forecast is up to 10-20 inches...

I'm still okay, although I was scheduled to close on my refinancing thursday evening....wish I knew how likely that will be...

Went grocery shopping last night....the store closest to me was entirely out of milk and eggs (there was one pitiful looking chocalate soy milk left and one carton of broken eggs...), I only needed milk, how 'bout that...

I found some at the local 7-11 (recognized a few fellow Safeway shoppers getting their milk :-)

as long as the electricity remains here I will be good.

I pretty comfortable being at home, finding things to do....it takes awhile to get cabin fever and living in a townhome community it's just as simple as opening the door and saying hi to the neighbor across the way or helping each other dig out.
8) I'd love to have to "dig out" of my home. Well, you be careful and take care. :esmile: Oh, and chocolate soy milk? Ugh. I can't right now think of anything worse! I'm shuddering at the thought... You have a Safeway? We used to have Safeway supermarkets but now it's called Morrisons! Aanyhoo, be safe.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia