The Board

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.

Do you think the board could use an upgrade?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 7

Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

The Board

Post by Gabrielman »

Okay I have been thinking for a while now that the board could use a bit more spicing up! Like add fonts for example instead of this same old font we have had, and maybe some more emoticons too! Let me know what you all think and put your own ideas in here about what they could do to improve the board!
BTW, not saying the board is bad, but I would love to see some changes!!! :D
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The Board

Post by cslewislover »

I like some that we have here :wave: y>:D< :D y~o) y:O2 y:D y~o) :evilnod: :heart: :yes: :pound: , but many are not used at all! y:@) y>-) t<):) y%%- yp(%) :xxpuke: :banned: :idea: y*-:) y$-) y:-& y3:-O Here's a small group of regular but nice ones. There are many out there! And I don't know how we can design and add our own.

y~o) + y~o) = :heart:

:fyi:

:slol:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

I believe it's only been upgraded/changed once since I've been around. While I may like something "new" to the forum, I do like the simplicity of it the way it is.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Yes some new emoticons like that would be wonderful Vicki!!!! :D cause half of them just aren't used and aren't really that well liked I would think, but the ones you showed look good!!!
BavarianWheels wrote:.
I believe it's only been upgraded/changed once since I've been around. While I may like something "new" to the forum, I do like the simplicity of it the way it is.
Of-course it is nice in how simple it is, but things like fonts and new emoticons and maybe even a bit of a color scheme change would be nice, ya know. Not an entire over haul, that would be just too much!! LOL
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Are you board with it? ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Gman wrote:Are you board with it? ;)
:pound: Nice!!! No not board with the board, lol just thought it could use a bit of a tune up! :D
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Gabrielman wrote:
Gman wrote:Are you board with it? ;)
:pound: Nice!!! No not board with the board, lol just thought it could use a bit of a tune up! :D
Well give me a wrench and a new timing belt and I'll tune it up for you.. :P
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
chance
Familiar Member

Post by chance »

Perhaps threaded replies, the ability to cross post, etc.

What sort of data base are you using?

How about a feature to alert you when someone replies to you?

For me, personally, it would be nice to have a place to post general news stories - from crime to politics to education. Something like General news or something (as even everyday news can relate back to faith and society). I spend a lot of time reading general news from across the US and there are many positive stories about churches, people, etc, worth discussing - see http://www.usnpl.com for a list of all the papers by state (and TV news stations as well).

At any rate, just a few ideas. If you need any help let me know. I have a lot of experience with data bases and programming.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

you can alrady have e-mails sent when a thread has a new posting.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

I love the board and know of no faults with it. Then again I'm not technical and wouldn't know what "wonderful things" can be done to it. But for what it is worth I love the entire format of the board.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

Gabrielman wrote:Of-course it is nice in how simple it is, but things like fonts and...
I disagree. Case in point. Newer member Texasmomof3
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =3&t=34101

That font (for me) is difficult to read fluidly. It becomes a blur quickly. Of course that could just be age. :crying:
Dazed and Confused
Established Member

Post by Dazed and Confused »

There are a few atheist forums that I use to frequent that have a nice lay out. A good example would be atheist think tank. I know "peter b." over there makes his own banners for the site and he does a good job. That's about the only good thing I can say about ATT. Darn atheist! why should they have it so good... :cry:
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

BavarianWheels wrote:
Gabrielman wrote:Of-course it is nice in how simple it is, but things like fonts and...
I disagree. Case in point. Newer member Texasmomof3
//discussions.godandscience.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34101

That font (for me) is difficult to read fluidly. It becomes a blur quickly. Of course that could just be age. :crying:
That's the same font across the board. It's just in italic and bold with colour. With different fonts you could conceivably produce text in bold and italic with colour which was pleasing to the eye.

I'm kinda torn. I'm not a big fan of avatars and signatures and I do like reading things on a fairly bland screen. But being able to choose between a selection of tasteful fonts might be nice.

I'd opt for a different background colour for each area of the board. Helps to remind one what that particular area of the board is about without being intrusive.

Does anyone else view the board in subsilver, or is it just me:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Just a note, the template you were using in the screenshot has been deactivated. It should not have been selectable. You should now see a much nicer template.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Doh, I should have kept quiet.

I find it much easier on the eye, may I ask why it's not allowed?