Arrested!

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Arrested!

Post by RickD »

Last week I was traveling across the pond, and arrived at Heathrow Airport. While going through the screening checkpoint, I was approached by British secret Service, and then arrested for smuggling toothpaste into England!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Arrested!

Post by Gabrielman »

y:O2 Your Kidding right? :lol: Why would they arrest you for that!! LOL seems like they would have better things to do!!!!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Lol. It's referring to British having bad teeth, I think. I mean, some stereotype. I never heard about it till I came to the board, actually, so I don't know where they make those jokes!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

cslewislover wrote:Lol. It's referring to British having bad teeth, I think. I mean, some stereotype. I never heard about it till I came to the board, actually, so I don't know where they make those jokes!
It's the reason Austin Powers has bad teeth. The stereotype has a long history.
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

Haha, yeah, I once had to go through a pat down because I forgot to check a pocket-sized bottle of sunscreen... 8-}2
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Well speaking as a Brit - my teeth are perfect. :ebiggrin:
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:Last week I was traveling across the pond, and arrived at Heathrow Airport. While going through the screening checkpoint, I was approached by British secret Service, and then arrested for smuggling toothpaste into England!
This is a scandalous stereotype! I might as well say that I was arrested at JFK for being below 21 stone! ;)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

kmr wrote:Haha, yeah, I once had to go through a pat down because I forgot to check a pocket-sized bottle of sunscreen... 8-}2
Now THAT'S nearer the mark! :lol:
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DannyM wrote:
RickD wrote:Last week I was traveling across the pond, and arrived at Heathrow Airport. While going through the screening checkpoint, I was approached by British secret Service, and then arrested for smuggling toothpaste into England!
This is a scandalous stereotype! I might as well say that I was arrested at JFK for being below 21 stone! ;)
Sorry Danny. You lost me on this one!?!?!?!? I don't get it.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:
DannyM wrote:
:) I was just repeating another outrageous and unfounded stereotype, Rick: that all Americans are fat. I'm not watering down the joke; my post was in mock outrage; and I thought I'd just sling in another. :D
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DannyM wrote:
RickD wrote:
DannyM wrote:
:) I was just repeating another outrageous and unfounded stereotype, Rick: that all Americans are fat. I'm not watering down the joke; my post was in mock outrage; and I thought I'd just sling in another. :D
Ok, I get it now. I was unaware of that stereotype. Is there any truth to the stereotype that all British men are effeminate?

-Edward R Murrow

DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:
DannyM wrote:
RickD wrote:
DannyM wrote:
Ok, I get it now. I was unaware of that stereotype. Is there any truth to the stereotype that all British men are effeminate?
Absolutely none! 8) Not where I come from anyway.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Love stuff British ...
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

zoegirl wrote:Love stuff British ...
And as you know, Zoe, I'm a big friend of America... a true USphile.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia