Creationist Explanation for Bigfoot, Lochness, etc

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Creationist Explanation for Bigfoot, Lochness, etc

Post by Byblos »

ManOfScience wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:a false assertion.
:roll: Pointless discussing this with you, if you're unwilling (or unable) to back up your claims of "false assertions" with any detail or facts.
Really? Something like you asserting that the bible is fictitious without any sort of backup whatsoever in another thread? Care to tackle that assertion?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

ManOfScience wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:a false assertion.
:roll: Pointless discussing this with you, if you're unwilling (or unable) to back up your claims of "false assertions" with any detail or facts.
^a false assertion. You responded before I could finish editing my post. Like your belief system, you jumped to your conclusion to quickly.
ManOfScience
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by ManOfScience »

ageofknowledge wrote:a false assertion. You responded before I could finish editing my post. Like your belief system, you jumped to your conclusion to quickly.
:pound: Is there a recommended time for which one should wait before responding to a post, in case the author is still editing their post?
touchingcloth

Post by touchingcloth »

ageofknowledge wrote:He is distinct from all other views of God, since there can only be one indivisible, infinite, necessary, absolutely perfect Uncaused Cause of everything else that exists.
Are you saying that there has to be such a thing, or that if it does exist that there can be only one?
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

ManOfScience wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:a false assertion. You responded before I could finish editing my post. Like your belief system, you jumped to your conclusion to quickly.
:pound: Is there a recommended time for which one should wait before responding to a post, in case the author is still editing their post?
No the author has finished. I believe it took about 3 minutes.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

touchingcloth wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:He is distinct from all other views of God, since there can only be one indivisible, infinite, necessary, absolutely perfect Uncaused Cause of everything else that exists.
Are you saying that there has to be such a thing, or that if it does exist that there can be only one?
Yes that is what I am saying.
ManOfScience
Recognized Member

Post by ManOfScience »

Byblos wrote:Really? Something like you asserting that the bible is fictitious without any sort of backup whatsoever in another thread? Care to tackle that assertion?
I don't believe that's what I said. What I asked was, why is it necessary to spend so much more time and effort attempting to disprove God's existence than to disprove Nessie's? In other words: why is God given such a great deal more credibility, when the evidence for both is equal?

However, now that you've brought it up, would you like me to start a thread arguing why the Bible is fictitious? (For the record, I do believe that some of the characters and events container therein are based on fact -- but not the supernatural ones.) (Also, it won't be today, as I'm somewhat busy in work.)
touchingcloth

Post by touchingcloth »

ageofknowledge wrote:
touchingcloth wrote:
Which one?
ManOfScience
Recognized Member

Post by ManOfScience »

ageofknowledge wrote:Repeating there is zero evidence for God doesn't make your false assertion any more true.
True, true! The same is also true of the opposite point of view, however.
ageofknowledge wrote:God's presence in the world is evidenced in a thousand different ways, and His divine voice speaks all the time in innumerable wys; however what is obvious to some is completely hidden from others. To unbelievers like yourself, for example, God seems nowhere... silent.
Ah, how fortunate. This is precisely the argument used by psychic mediums, ghost hunters, and other con artists, too. I presume you believe in these things?
ageofknowledge wrote:No the author has finished. I believe it took about 3 minutes.
17, to be precise. ;)
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

touchingcloth wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:
touchingcloth wrote:
Which one?
Both.
touchingcloth

Post by touchingcloth »

ageofknowledge wrote:Both.
Ok. How did you arrive at the conclusion that there has to be one?
rare96ws6
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by rare96ws6 »

Since many different cultures have "bigfoot" myths, it is from campfire stories passed on since the days when Neandertals walked the earth side by side with us.
David505
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by David505 »

UnkleBuck wrote:As a Young Earth creationist believer, I've long been interested in what reputable creation scientists have to say to explain many of the mysterious creatures that conventional science has yet to embrace, or even study, such as Bigfoot (or it's cousins), the Lochness Monster, and other such creatures.
Regarding the Loch Ness Monster:

Giant eels and too much whiskey are the most popular explanations.

http://britannia.com/travel/luxury-scotland.html

http://www.drinkfinder.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=3886
Loch Ness Scotch Whiskey.jpg
Loch Ness Scotch Whiskey.jpg (8.9 KiB) Viewed 4686 times
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Nessy?

I believe it was spotted recently at the new Creation Museum in Kentucky.. :roll:

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
robyn hill
Established Member
Sex: Female

Post by robyn hill »

Manofscience, Are you serious? This entire website is made of thousands of threads with suggested evidence of God. So really, the burden of proof lays with you. Choose evidence we have shown here and disprove it. Your move mate. Yes, I believe starting a thread proving the bible is fictitious is a marvelous idea. I look forward to reading it and having a real discussion on specific statements rather than reading generalized blanket statements stating evidence for the lochness monster and christianity are equal.