Any evidence of homosexuality in today's primitive tribes?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Phoenix
Familiar Member

Any evidence of homosexuality in today's primitive tribes?

Post by Phoenix »

I've always wonder this. Is there any evidence of homosexuality in present day primitive tribes? For instance the aboriginals of Australia, or tribes in South America, and Africa?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I spoke with leaders of an Aboriginal community in Cairns when working on a government project for them, and I remember him mentioning there was no homosexual activity before white men came. I remember it because there was a person with me who was quite influenced by modernity and liberalism who believed they were just in denial and it would have likely just been hidden, and a small discussion followed.

I'm inclined to believe the Aboriginal leaders. And I think Aboriginal rites which helped to affirm all males as men was very conducive to heterosexual relationships. I also think that the environmental factors that lead many towards homosexuality likely did not exist. So I see no reason not to believe the leaders.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)