Gay Marriage Video(s)

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Imperial
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Gay Marriage Video(s)

Post by Imperial »

This fight is pointless - i've realized this over time. It doesnt matter what you say or think :) gay marriage IS going to happen and there's nothing that you can do about it. Its a waiting game of how long the ignorant people are going to take now. Just like the old arguments on civil rights :D
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Yep and the ignorant people who are against polygamy will eventually realize that it will happen....
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Ha! You wish! You just keep on dreaming away! The day that happens is the day this stops being America. We will fight, we will teach the truth to every generation, and we will never give in. Those who oppose gay marriage out number those in favor for it, and that gap between them is growing too. We are a country built on tradtions and morals and values, and we will hold true to them till the end!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

Gabrielman wrote:Those who oppose gay marriage out number those in favor for it, and that gap between them is growing too.
Prove it - you keep saying im wrong about how many people favor gay marriage or are against it, however where's YOUR proof? You said in a different post that the fact that MOST youtube videos are PRO gay marriage doesn't matter? It doesn't prove that there are more Pro Gay Marriage beleivers out there? So i guess you're implying that the Anti-Gay society doesn't know how to use youtube.. hmm..... GL bud
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Imperial wrote:
Gabrielman wrote:Those who oppose gay marriage out number those in favor for it, and that gap between them is growing too.
Prove it - you keep saying im wrong about how many people favor gay marriage or are against it, however where's YOUR proof? You said in a different post that the fact that MOST youtube videos are PRO gay marriage doesn't matter? It doesn't prove that there are more Pro Gay Marriage beleivers out there? So i guess you're implying that the Anti-Gay society doesn't know how to use youtube.. hmm..... GL bud
What more proof do you need than the fact people keep voting to block gay marriage? That is, the majority votes against it. It seems pretty simple. y:-?

And how can you say that since most Youtube videos are pro gay marriage (if that's even true), that this accurately reflects the general population?? It may be that there are more pro gay marriage people posting on Youtube because they are into Youtube, and the anti gay marriage people aren't. The number of Youtube videos posted on any given subject certainly does not necessarily reflect the overall population's opinion on anything. I certainly have no interest in making Youtube videos as a way to voice my opinion to the world. Lol. It's all very extroverted, it seems to me.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Imperial wrote: Prove it - you keep saying im wrong about how many people favor gay marriage or are against it, however where's YOUR proof? You said in a different post that the fact that MOST youtube videos are PRO gay marriage doesn't matter? It doesn't prove that there are more Pro Gay Marriage beleivers out there? So i guess you're implying that the Anti-Gay society doesn't know how to use youtube.. hmm..... GL bud
You want ME to give YOU proof when all you have is you tube!!!!! WOW! Okay here's my proof, just look at the world outside of you tube!!!!! Real people who don't waste their time making videos for you tube don't agree with gay marriage, or what do you call prop 8? Hey here's an idea, why don't you start looking at our country a little closer Imperial. You tube does not represent the majority of Americans. Dems are being voted out left and right and the congress and Obama approval ratings are dropping, what more do you need? If people were so concerned with gay marriage then wouldn't the liberals be getting more steam right about now? Yet oddly enough they are getting less and less. Why don't you post a credible source that isn't you tube (or wikipedia, that isn't credible either).
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

Gabrielman wrote:
Imperial wrote: Prove it - you keep saying im wrong about how many people favor gay marriage or are against it, however where's YOUR proof? You said in a different post that the fact that MOST youtube videos are PRO gay marriage doesn't matter? It doesn't prove that there are more Pro Gay Marriage beleivers out there? So i guess you're implying that the Anti-Gay society doesn't know how to use youtube.. hmm..... GL bud
You want ME to give YOU proof when all you have is you tube!!!!! WOW! Okay here's my proof, just look at the world outside of you tube!!!!! Real people who don't waste their time making videos for you tube don't agree with gay marriage, or what do you call prop 8? Hey here's an idea, why don't you start looking at our country a little closer Imperial. You tube does not represent the majority of Americans. Dems are being voted out left and right and the congress and Obama approval ratings are dropping, what more do you need? If people were so concerned with gay marriage then wouldn't the liberals be getting more steam right about now? Yet oddly enough they are getting less and less. Why don't you post a credible source that isn't you tube (or wikipedia, that isn't credible either).
Well, here's a start.

Anti-Gay - http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... i?Antigay1

Pro-Gay - http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?pgm

Not a BIG source, but i'll keep an eye out for more

*edit* - here's another interesting read -> http://www.gaycoupleslawblog.com/2009/1 ... g-support/

The statements in the above link kinda show what i think is happening. A few people i've met in various places (teens) still use the phrase "gay" as a way of saying that somthing is stupid. This is because they group up around people saying that a lot - which just shows a lot of the anti-gay people out there probably don't even think about what they're "against". Not saying you are, it just seems like they are. To rephrase basically, I believe that a lot of people who are against gay marriage are just saying so because they see it as a taboo. This however will change as more gay couples come to the light of the world and people will no longer discriminate just because they don't see gay couples every day.

You however seem to be against it because you feel as if it is stealing your definition of marriage (being a Christian ceremony, and the bible apparently says gay = bad). However, being married in the US gives many rights to people. Here's a list of them -> http://gaylife.about.com/od/samesexmarr ... nefits.htm

So basically, by not allowing gay's to marry - you are basically saying that only Christians should be allowed to get all 1138 of those federal benifits...

I assume you'll reply with somthing about how you're ok with there being some kind of legal thing where they do get these benefits, however it shall not be called marriage. And to this i would say - Fine. THAT would be a reasonable proposal. However as far as i've seen, all anti-gay people want is for there to be no gay marriage. I've seen nothing of an alternative offered by anti-gay campaigns, which is probably where my anger comes from. It seems you don't care if they get the benifits or not, you just dont want them to be married. I could be wrong, but i'll be anxious for a reply to this.
Last edited by Imperial on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Imperial wrote: Well, here's a start.

What the heck? I wouldn't even begin to call that a "start"...I'd call it taking your foot off the clutch too early and stalling the vehicle!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I have no difficulty denouncing the use of deception for any petition regardless of the cause. The you tube video appears to be a newscast story from a Fox Affiliate. It's likely true. It says nothing about the cause as a whole. It speaks primarily of the people who would use deception to get signatures. Often political advocates are people who are hired who may not necessarily believe in the cause. It's pretty common for activist organizations to hire such people for minimum wage or to pay them by the signature. Here in DC, picketers are often hired who don't care what they're protesting for as long as they get paid. It's done by groups on the right and the left.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Those two links look very suspect. If you go to the first link, click on the the number '699' signature, you'll see a forum with profanity-ridden language and the type of characters you would associate with being on the fringes of mainstream religion and non-religion.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

DannyM wrote:
Imperial wrote: Well, here's a start.

What the heck? I wouldn't even begin to call that a "start"...I'd call it taking your foot off the clutch too early and stalling the vehicle!
First of all, wow... I'm trying to calm down here and you're still flaming me? Secondly i edited to add a LOT more to it - sorry if you didnt see but here it is again.
*edit* - here's another interesting read -> http://www.gaycoupleslawblog.com/2009/1 ... g-support/

The statements in the above link kinda show what i think is happening. A few people i've met in various places (teens) still use the phrase "gay" as a way of saying that somthing is stupid. This is because they group up around people saying that a lot - which just shows a lot of the anti-gay people out there probably don't even think about what they're "against". Not saying you are, it just seems like they are. To rephrase basically, I believe that a lot of people who are against gay marriage are just saying so because they see it as a taboo. This however will change as more gay couples come to the light of the world and people will no longer discriminate just because they don't see gay couples every day.

You however seem to be against it because you feel as if it is stealing your definition of marriage (being a Christian ceremony, and the bible apparently says gay = bad). However, being married in the US gives many rights to people. Here's a list of them -> http://gaylife.about.com/od/samesexmarr ... nefits.htm

So basically, by not allowing gay's to marry - you are basically saying that only Christians should be allowed to get all 1138 of those federal benifits...

I assume you'll reply with somthing about how you're ok with there being some kind of legal thing where they do get these benefits, however it shall not be called marriage. And to this i would say - Fine. THAT would be a reasonable proposal. However as far as i've seen, all anti-gay people want is for there to be no gay marriage. I've seen nothing of an alternative offered by anti-gay campaigns, which is probably where my anger comes from. It seems you don't care if they get the benifits or not, you just dont want them to be married. I could be wrong, but i'll be anxious for a reply to this.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Imperial wrote:First of all, wow... I'm trying to calm down here and you're still flaming me? Secondly i edited to add a LOT more to it - sorry if you didnt see but here it is again.
Can I just ask, what does "flaming me" mean? I've just noticed the edit.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Imperial wrote:[quote="*edit* - here's another interesting read -> http://www.gaycoupleslawblog.com/2009/1 ... g-support/

From the link: "The people of Maine voted yesterday to repeal a law that would have allowed gay marriage, but the vote will not slow increasing public support for gay marriage overall. Law professors Patrick Egan and Nathaniel Persily discussed in an article the growth in public support of gay marriage over the last two decades. Their research showed a steady rate of increase of about 1% annually--even in those with court decisions that impacted gay rights."

Where's the discrimination? Seems to me that the people of Maine have exercised their democratic right and held fast to their ethical values; are you advocating political railroading? Also, is this an example of the "nasty old Christians"? Further, were 100% of those in favour of repealing this law Christian?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

Where's the discrimination? Seems to me that the people of Maine have exercised their democratic right and held fast to their ethical values; are you advocating political railroading? Also, is this an example of the "nasty old Christians"? Further, were 100% of those in favour of repealing this law Christian?
I have no idea what you're talking about tbh. And probably not - i know a few christians who are for gay marriage. However the biggest issue against gay marriage is almost always religious (christianity). If that answers at least 1 of your questions..

Also tbh im REALLY excited to see Gabriel's response to my edit >_> hopefully he'll see it by the time he actually gets here...
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

IMperial, sometimes a poster responds to a comment made and then the post is edited. You can't get upset at this.

You need to calm down and stop bringing up obviously fringe videos. No one here has said that we hate gays. We don't set up videos calling for their death or any harm to come to them.

We have said that we are for a certain set of behaviors.

1) we are all sinners...we all have lying, cheating hearts that are willing to betray and hurt. We all at some level lust.

2) We are against murder, adultery, cheating, lying, theft, and other sinful acts along with homosexual acts. We know we are guilty.

3) We disagree with those who have established that these acts are not sinful. Anyone who justifies adultery or rationalizes murder or theft is in the same category as those that want to claim that homosexual acts are right.

This is ultimately an issue that calls into question what is right and wrong. Obviously we feel that marriage is between man and a woman.

Anything else we feel is wrong.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"