I Don't Understand Atheism

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Imperial
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: I Don't Understand Atheism

Post by Imperial »

I do :D, the world sucks. There's disease, terroists etc. Some people are bound to question our "loving" God.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Gman wrote:
RollingStone wrote:
Gman wrote:Well I don't understand atheism either or why someone would want to go that route.. Nor do I wish to.. :P
It's about truth. Atheism isn't something you choose; it's simply the logical conclusion drawn after studying the (lack of) evidence.
Chance is not scientific... It certainly can't create life. But it could with your faith..
Discussing abiogenesis, the supposed naturalistic appearance of life from non-life, in Climbing Mount Improbable, Richard Dawkins said, 'Nobody knows how it happened but, somehow, without violating the laws of physics and chemistry, a molecule arose that just happened to have the property of self-copying — a replicator.' Faith? Sure. Rational faith? I seriously doubt it. It is a blend of wishful thinking and faith. Dawkins needs it to be true; notice that he makes this non-empirical assumption with ease, as though it were a mere side issue. The truth is that the claim holds not an ounce of scientific weight behind it and it is simply a claim made in an effort to prop up his atheistic account of origins.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

DannyM wrote:Discussing abiogenesis, the supposed naturalistic appearance of life from non-life, in Climbing Mount Improbable, Richard Dawkins said, 'Nobody knows how it happened but, somehow, without violating the laws of physics and chemistry, a molecule arose that just happened to have the property of self-copying — a replicator.' Faith? Sure. Rational faith? I seriously doubt it. It is a blend of wishful thinking and faith. Dawkins needs it to be true; notice that he makes this non-empirical assumption with ease, as though it were a mere side issue. The truth is that the claim holds not an ounce of scientific weight behind it and it is simply a claim made in an effort to prop up his atheistic account of origins.
He would rather believe in hobgoblins or tooth fairies it seems.. The all power god of chance...

He once stated.. "By the powers of chance I command that these stones produce life.." :roll:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gman wrote:
DannyM wrote:Discussing abiogenesis, the supposed naturalistic appearance of life from non-life, in Climbing Mount Improbable, Richard Dawkins said, 'Nobody knows how it happened but, somehow, without violating the laws of physics and chemistry, a molecule arose that just happened to have the property of self-copying — a replicator.' Faith? Sure. Rational faith? I seriously doubt it. It is a blend of wishful thinking and faith. Dawkins needs it to be true; notice that he makes this non-empirical assumption with ease, as though it were a mere side issue. The truth is that the claim holds not an ounce of scientific weight behind it and it is simply a claim made in an effort to prop up his atheistic account of origins.
He would rather believe in hobgoblins or tooth fairies it seems.. The all power god of chance...

He once stated.. "By the powers of chance I command that these stones produce life.." :roll:
And in the shallow words of Algernon Charles Swinburne, "Glory to man in the highest!/ For man is the master of things."
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
BOBtheMASTER
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by BOBtheMASTER »

Imperial wrote:
I do :D, the world sucks. There's disease, terroists etc. Some people are bound to question our "loving" God.
Where in the Bible does it say that the world shouldn't have those things. There is a whole section of the Bible that tells why the world is imperfect. It's part of a book of the Bible that goes by the name of Genesis. You should really look in to it. ;)
The11thDr.
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by The11thDr. »

Thats not enough for athiests, they want answers and they are prepared to be rather rigid and not give in. Some people are more flexible though. :ewink:

Trust me, I'm the doctor.