Jesus said 3 days and 3 nights.

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
todd_vetter33
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Jesus said 3 days and 3 nights.

Post by todd_vetter33 »

Why does Christianity claim Jesus died on a Friday if the Bible says Preparation Day and a preparation day can occur on any day of the week depending on the feast days that Jesus claimed to fulfill. How does a Friday Crucifixion eqaul 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the Earth (Tomb)?

I found this study which illustrates Jesus did fulfill this prophecy but it goes very contrary to many things Christians have told me in the past. Is this study telling a lie even though it makes the best case of Jesus as the Son of God?

http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/p ... ection.pdf

What are your thoughts on the study at this link, Does it testify of Jesus fulfilling the Laws of Moses and the prophets? Or is it simply another branch off of Christian confusion for this topic?

Very Respectfully,
Todd Vetter.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Jesus said 3 days and 3 nights.

Post by jlay »

-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious