Being British

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Being British

Post by DannyM »

Being British is about driving a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian Beer, then on the way home grabbing an Indian curry or Turkish kebab, to sit on a Swedish sofa and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. And most of all? We're suspicious of anything foreign ... y:-?

Oh and only in Britain can you get a pizza to your home faster than an ambulance. Only in Britain do banks leave both doors open and chain pens to the counter. Supermarkets make sick people walk to the back of the shop for prescriptions while healthy people get their cigarettes at the front!

We might be British, but man we're funny*...

*screwed up
Last edited by DannyM on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Being British

Post by Gabrielman »

One more post Danny and you will have 1000!

Oh and they chain the pens to the desks at our banks too.... lol and more than a few times in Ohio when we called 911 we were put on hold for like 10 minutes!!!! Now that is messed up!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
The11thDr.
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by The11thDr. »

at least doctor who is made in england...err britain.

Trust me, I'm the doctor.
A Y323
Recognized Member

Post by A Y323 »

DannyM wrote:Oh and only in Britain can you get a pizza to your home faster than an ambulance.
Not true! It's that way in America, too.
marcb
Newbie Member

Post by marcb »

Very funny, yet we are still insular and half the population will only go on holiday if it has everything britsh there from breakfasts to football on the tv.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gabrielman wrote:One more post Danny and you will have 1000!

Oh and they chain the pens to the desks at our banks too.... lol and more than a few times in Ohio when we called 911 we were put on hold for like 10 minutes!!!! Now that is messed up!
Yes and it's gone on YOU my brother! Absolute pleasure Gab. Sheesh, how the heck did I get to 1000? Am I like a manic poster or something? :?

Gab, please don't start me on 999 calls here in Britain! In some areas, you could be terrorised in your home by thieves, ring the police, only to be told that the local police station is CLOSED, so you'll be waiting a wee while longer before Mr. Policeman comes surging to the rescue! :)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
The11thDr.
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by The11thDr. »

red tape and bEUROcracy...uk should rise above that s**t

Trust me, I'm the doctor.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

The11thDr. wrote:red tape and bEUROcracy
The world's gawn mad! 8)
-
-
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

DannyM wrote: Yes and it's gone on YOU my brother! Absolute pleasure Gab. Sheesh, how the heck did I get to 1000? Am I like a manic poster or something? :?
It's an honor to be your 1000 post, lol about the manic poster, no it just means that you have a lot of insight!
DannyM wrote: Gab, please don't start me on 999 calls here in Britain! In some areas, you could be terrorised in your home by thieves, ring the police, only to be told that the local police station is CLOSED, so you'll be waiting a wee while longer before Mr. Policeman comes surging to the rescue! :)
This is what tax dollars go to, sad yet true! But I wasn't referring to the police (they were never the problem seeing as they always seemed to be hovering near by...) I meant the ambulance. Imagine bleeding to death while on hold, not a good thought! Or is the hospital there also closed there too...? Maybe you should just move here, lol at least then you will have a chance!

Imagine the voice mail for 911: "You have reached 911. We are not here right now, so please leave a message and your number and we will get back to you tomorrow."
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

The11thDr. wrote:at least doctor who is made in england...err britain.

It was made in my birth town Cardiff - Wales. Not England :eugeek:

I will shut up now.....