Noah's ark "discovery'...

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
derrick09
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Noah's ark "discovery'...

Post by derrick09 »

Good morning everyone,

Since many of you all know about the newest supposive discovery of Noah's ark I thought I'd go ahead and make a discussion thread on the topic. Personally, right now I'm in the 'wait and see' kind of mode to see if this discovery actually holds any substance. If you all want to check this out here are a few links...

http://www.noahsarksearch.net/eng/

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/04/ ... ey-ararat/

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... 80442.aspx

Thanks for your time guys, take care and God bless. :wave:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Noah's ark "discovery'...

Post by Silvertusk »

Snap!

I was just about to post something on that as well.

Here is another link,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... ds-newsxml

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Like the Shroud of Turin - I am fascinated by this stuff.

Silvertusk.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Silvertusk wrote:Snap!

I was just about to post something on that as well.

Here is another link,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... ds-newsxml

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Like the Shroud of Turin - I am fascinated by this stuff.

Silvertusk.
LOL silvertusk you read my mind, both shroud of turin and noah's ark are so damn fascinating...actually LOL the shroud of turin is the very thing that led me to find my faith again but thats another story LOL i actually saw this yesterday . So are these explorers christian ( just askin for sake of askin)? And has this been verified worldwide by scientists that it is ACTUALLY THEE noah's ark ? Just askin before i jump up in the air for joy HAHAHA :lol:
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I would be skeptical for sure.. Everyone focuses on Ararat, however the Bible clearly tells us it was laid on the mountains of Ararat. Genesis 8:4 This mountain range extends for hundreds of miles..

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
A Y323
Recognized Member

Post by A Y323 »

Not that I wouldn't be really excited if it really was Noah's ark, but... Why are you guys so sure that Noah's ark is still around? I mean, surely the wood would have decayed after thousands of years. And even if it didn't, a ton of pre-cut lumber open for the taking- what post-flood civilization wouldn't take advantage of that?
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

A Y323 wrote:Not that I wouldn't be really excited if it really was Noah's ark, but... Why are you guys so sure that Noah's ark is still around? I mean, surely the wood would have decayed after thousands of years. And even if it didn't, a ton of pre-cut lumber open for the taking- what post-flood civilization wouldn't take advantage of that?
:lol: HAHAha true that i definately wouldnt have missed the opportunity for warmth from fire using that nice wood LOLOL but since i think it was more of a local flood it could be different then how we think it is. Im not so sure on the answer but you never know Y323, but yeah you are correct not to get excited because there have been lots of hoaxes on this subjects so i think they should let the evidence & scientifical research talk this time before anyone says EUREKA!Or BS!! lol y:-?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

Enginseer
Recognized Member

Post by Enginseer »

Apparently this news has been around for a decade.
Am I an Atheist? Not really.

Am I a Christian? I'd be lying if I said I were.

The truth is I don't consider myself to belong to any isms, ists or anities. Questions to the mysteries of life I can only say I do not know. Yet through insight I set out to cure my ignorance.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

nah there have been claims of finding it for decades(hoaxes) but nothing as close as this. But yea here is a short vid of when they were inside it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGIUfWXv ... r_embedded

Enginseer
Recognized Member

Post by Enginseer »

CeT-To wrote:nah there have been claims of finding it for decades(hoaxes) but nothing as close as this. But yea here is a short vid of when they were inside it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGIUfWXv ... r_embedded
Must have been an extremely exciting find for Archeologists, seems those extremist Atheists will have to shutup.
Am I an Atheist? Not really.

Am I a Christian? I'd be lying if I said I were.

The truth is I don't consider myself to belong to any isms, ists or anities. Questions to the mysteries of life I can only say I do not know. Yet through insight I set out to cure my ignorance.
Dazed and Confused
Established Member

Post by Dazed and Confused »

Dr. Price was the archaeologist with the Chinese team in 2008 when the alleged discovery of the structure in a cave on the southwest side of Mt. Ararat was first made. He worked with this team for a month and obtained the same photos of the inside of the wooden structure now being distributed to support the alleged discovery.

After the public announcement was made of this discovery in late April, Dr. Price issued a private communique giving his opinion concerning the discovery. This was sent exclusively to a select e-mail list of his ministry supporters and was not intended for the public. Unfortunately, this document was posted on the web without his authorization and has been widely quoted by various news sources to the effect that Dr. Price asserts the structure is a hoax perpetrated by the Kurdish guide and his partners to extort money from the Chinese evangelical Christians.

While Dr. Price does not retract his statements, he wants the public to understand that these only represent his opinion as informed by his experience with the Kurdish guide and the Chinese and other sources in eastern Turkey. However, Dr. Price is currently working with his sources in eastern Turkey to obtain such documentation. Nevertheless, his primary source cannot be exposed to media scrutiny because an untimely exposure would compromise the plans and preparations for an expedition to Mt. Ararat in which he is involved as archaeologist this summer.

Therefore, the only public statement he wishes to make at this time is that he believes that the greater the claim the greater the evidence needs to be to support it and urges the Chinese-Turkish team to make their collected samples from the structure available to scientists and scholars for comparative analysis. While he has reservations about the nature and procedure of the Chinese-Turkish expedition and the artifacts related to it, he believes that a decision concerning this matter must wait until independent examinations of the site and the structure can be made and published.

:wave:
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
derrick09
Valued Member

Post by derrick09 »

http://cnmnewsnetwork.com/110571/noahs- ... -revealed/

Needless to say, I have a newfound dislike for Chinese apologists and archeologists. I guess atheists are having a field day with this. It seems like stuff like this ALWAYS happens to our side and not theirs. I bet this may cause several people to start doubting the faith after being let down from having a 'high' from what this supposive discovery (if it were actually true) would bring. I tell you, I'm angry, sad, and devasted, not that the find was proven false I had doubt at the get go, but the fact that it was a planned hoax, a fib, a lie, a fraud, really makes me sick and the fact that atheists are going to celebrate this and believers are going to doubt their faith makes me even more sick. Pray for me, that this anger I have for these lying archeologists will subside. In my opinion, they are not even true Christians, they COULD be closet atheists for all we know. I'll just leave it at that. I hope things get better for our side someday we MORE than need it. :crying:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
stealthpengu
Newbie Member

Post by stealthpengu »

I wouldn't write it off as a hoax just yet. I think the hoax must be something else--did you all see the video? There's clearly some sort of structure up there, with a lot of it embedded in the ice. I mean, it would have to be an extremely elaborate hoax with good cgi. Plus, they apparently did Carbon Dating and dated it back 4500 years ago
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

stealthpengu wrote:I wouldn't write it off as a hoax just yet. I think the hoax must be something else--did you all see the video? There's clearly some sort of structure up there, with a lot of it embedded in the ice. I mean, it would have to be an extremely elaborate hoax with good cgi. Plus, they apparently did Carbon Dating and dated it back 4500 years ago
There's something a bit fishy about that video, though. Take a look at around about the 1m 50s mark on this one; you can see the archaeologists stood on planks/floodboards. If they really believe that that's 5,000 year old wood then they're braver men than me! Also note that the boards they are stood on seem far less corroded than example the wood in the walls.
derrick09 wrote:the fact that atheists are going to celebrate this and believers are going to doubt their faith makes me even more sick. Pray for me, that this anger I have for these lying archeologists will subside. In my opinion, they are not even true Christians, they COULD be closet atheists for all we know. I'll just leave it at that. I hope things get better for our side someday we MORE than need it.
Derrick - consider the possibility that the archaeologists are honestly mistaken. If this discovery is a hoax then they could be victims rather than perpetrators...
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

stealthpengu wrote:I wouldn't write it off as a hoax just yet. I think the hoax must be something else--did you all see the video? There's clearly some sort of structure up there, with a lot of it embedded in the ice. I mean, it would have to be an extremely elaborate hoax with good cgi. Plus, they apparently did Carbon Dating and dated it back 4500 years ago
Yeah you are right, but none the less the british science department wants to know who did the carbon dating and they want a piece for themselves to carbon test it. I think that is whats going on now ( correct me if im wrong).

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I have my doubts... It could be anything. Or simply a cabin.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8