can demons be passed down?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ratgibson
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

can demons be passed down?

Post by ratgibson »

i have a friend. shes a twenty something young woman. she suffers from borderline personality disorder thats being said was caused by a rape she experienced a couple of years ago. shes suffered from some tragic effects of disorders of these natures since then and its been utter hell for her family.

now her family thinks its demons which i see as entirely possible with everything but they are saying now the demons were passed on to her from her father because he supposedly was a former high ranking member of the KKK.

im lost.

is there evidence for this kind of thing in the bible with demons being passed down?
Eyes speak louder than words.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: can demons be passed down?

Post by Kurieuo »

I believe there are many demonic influences involved in bad situations. Certainly it makes sense that demonic influences surrounding a person can be passed on to others who are close. Then there are genetics and environmental influences.

In this case, I think it is more probable to say she is not demon possessed, but more simply greatly affected by the traumatic experience. She would need God, a lot of love and support and possibly certain drugs to gain spiritual, emotional and physical healing respectively.