weather

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: weather

Post by touchingcloth »

Nope, Manchester. Both Bristol and Manchester are superficially drab, but they've got a lot of personality. How about you - thoroughbred Devoner?
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

No I'm a thoroughbred Londoner, born Dulwich, SL, raised Hounslow, WL...Funny, for some reason I had you down as a Londoner... Do you know Stockport relatively well?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
touchingcloth

Post by touchingcloth »

Yeah pretty well - it was less than a quid to hop on a bus there when I was at uni! Spent time up there?
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

You could say that...Do you know Bredbury Hall? If you do then you know why I am smiling right now...
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
touchingcloth

Post by touchingcloth »

Can't say I'm familiar with it...it's not where they have the Stockport beer festival is it?
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

I'm not sure about that, but when I used to go away with Chelsea in the North West we used to stay at that hotel...It's a Stag & Hen hotel, has an underground nightclub and ends up becoming very decadent the later the hour...Ahhh the bad old days...
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

So from the two natives, what parts of the UK would be the best to visit??
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
touchingcloth

Post by touchingcloth »

Depends what kind of stuff you'd like to see Zoe! Cities? Countryside?
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

oh, well I definitely love to see the landscapes and countrside....but it would be nice to see some of the more famous sites in the cities...of course LOndon would be one of the prime cities....

I would love to see all of the famous sites..The Tower, etc....but I love seeing the beautiful landscapes....Yorkshire, The white cliffs....oh, and Scotland as well....Stonehenge....cool stuff...All of the Roman antiquities.

It's just always nice to hear form the people that live there....For instance I would say Yellostone NAtional Park, grand Canyon (although even I haven't seen that!!)...definitely a broadway play in New York...
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gosh Zoe, where to start! I pass Stonehenge whenever I travel between the South West and London...I wouldn't come here just for that...you would be rather underwhelmed; although worth visiting as part of a wider holiday. London Town is your place for the theatre, shopping- Carnaby Street and Old Marlybone Road are stand-out! ... Houses of Parliament (Palace of Westminster); Windsor Castle (Berkshire, outside London); Kings College, Cambridge; White Cliffs of Dover (Kent); Buckingham palce; Tower of London; St. Paul's Cathedral; Trafalgar Square (Nelson's Column); Leicester Square; Marble Arch; Shakespeare's Globe Theatre (south bank of the River Thames); The War memorial, The Cenotaph, Whitehall ...

That's off the top of my head for London...and surrounding areas. :)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

lol,. yeah, I figured Stonehenge wouldn't be the top but still, it owuld be part of the list, you know? All of those places, or most of them, were in my mind, I forgot to put it down.

It owuld be nice to go to Europe too, hit some of the cooler places...See some of the Museums, some of the Alps, etc.

But it's cool to be able to go when you can be with people that know the places better, not just the touristy tours but "hey I can show you the coolest place...." type thing.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

I know exactly what you mean! I'll make a deal with you right now: if you ever come to London, and I'm in London (3/4 times a year I'm home), I'll join up with you for the a day and take you to some proper little off-the-tourist-beaten-path places...We'll still be in the West End, but ya average tourist will never know where I'd take you... Do you like your clothes, Zoe?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
touchingcloth

Post by touchingcloth »

The Natural History Museum in London is a must.

If you want to see rural Britain at its best then the South West of the country is really fantastic for seaside resorts and country pubs. Also the Lake District is just stunning, especially if you enjoy walking.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

I've heard that the lake district is pretty...I should google it...
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

touchingcloth wrote:The Natural History Museum in London is a must.

If you want to see rural Britain at its best then the South West of the country is really fantastic for seaside resorts and country pubs. Also the Lake District is just stunning, especially if you enjoy walking.
I'm beginning to appreciate the beauty of the countryside, and I think I prefer this to the City now. Around here are some beautiful bits of scenery...And I'd never heard of a pint of Bass before I got here... :)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia