Do you think god intervenes with life on occasions

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
jezzer
Familiar Member

Do you think god intervenes with life on occasions

Post by jezzer »

Hi

I have a thought do you think god helps some people at times example:

Someone's heart stops and for some reason it starts again,Not long ago i saw a hosptial programe and someone had died there was no sign of life and all of a sudden the persons heart has started to work.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Do you think god intervenes with life on occasions

Post by B. W. »

jezzer wrote:Hi

I have a thought do you think god helps some people at times example:

Someone's heart stops and for some reason it starts again,Not long ago i saw a hosptial programe and someone had died there was no sign of life and all of a sudden the persons heart has started to work.
Yes...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
jezzer
Familiar Member

Post by jezzer »

So god sometimes intervenes but would you say he is allways there helping if someone has died and then their heart works again,Or would you say sometimes its the doctors that get the heart beating again.

Now what about babys who hearts stop when they are born then start again,If it is god who has helped the baby out with life would you say he did it for the baby or did it for the mother?

When i was born there was some complications and so im told my heart stopped no less than 4 times so i can say i died 4times when i was born,Did god help to get my heart to start,Or was it the doctors or it was just one of those things where i wasn't meant to die.

Some babys die when they are born some may have their heart started again,But i wonder those who hearts has stopped and then started again if god has intervened with that baby has he done it for the baby or the parent,If it was for the baby then why not intervene with all babys.

IMO:If god was the one who started my heart each time then he may of done it for my mum and not me:She had a baby but she was very ill i think she only lived for 6monthhs but im not sure,Sometime after that my mum had another baby which was fine,But after that she had 3or 4 miscarages then she had me,So i think god may of helped out me because of my mum loses.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Jezzer,

When speaking of God please could you use a capital G, lest you be viewed as an atheist.

Regarding your question, it is impossible to know whether [God] intervenes...I choose to stay passive on the question, for if someone wants to say [God] does intervene on some occasions then he needs to anser why [God] does not on other occasions.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DannyM wrote:Jezzer,

When speaking of God please could you use a capital G, lest you be viewed as an atheist.

Regarding your question, it is impossible to know whether [God] intervenes...I choose to stay passive on the question, for if someone wants to say [God] does intervene on some occasions then he needs to anser why [God] does not on other occasions.
Danny, when speaking on this forum, could you please spell "answer" correctly, lest you be viewed as illiterate. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jezzer
Familiar Member

Post by jezzer »

Its comments like that which makes people who have questions but not sure about God,Jesus not want to post anything on forums like this.

If there is a forum rule saying i cant type god i shall not be here for long.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

jezzer wrote:

Its comments like that which makes people who have questions but not sure about God,Jesus not want to post anything on forums like this.

I asked you politely, yet you come back with this! Just admit you're an atheist then we'll carry on and you can use lower case for what ever you wish!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:

Danny, when speaking on this forum, could you please spell "answer" correctly, lest you be viewed as illiterate. :wave:
Rick, where did I go wrong ...? :oops:
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DannyM wrote:
RickD wrote:

Danny, I frequently joke about peoples' spelling errors. Your post seemed to be talking down to Jezzer. At least that's the impression that I got. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's what I saw.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:
DannyM wrote:
RickD wrote:

Danny, I frequently joke about peoples' spelling errors. Your post seemed to be talking down to Jezzer. At least that's the impression that I got. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's what I saw.
Rick, oops! Just spotted that 'error'... I certainly do not speak down to anybody, but I do sometimes come across as brusque, for which I can only apologise to anyone concerned. It is a fault of mine and I do not mean any offence.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Jezzer, if you have the impression I was talking down to you then I prostrate myself before you and apologise.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

jezzer wrote:So god sometimes intervenes but would you say he is allways there helping if someone has died and then their heart works again,Or would you say sometimes its the doctors that get the heart beating again.

Now what about babys who hearts stop when they are born then start again,If it is god who has helped the baby out with life would you say he did it for the baby or did it for the mother?

When i was born there was some complications and so im told my heart stopped no less than 4 times so i can say i died 4times when i was born,Did god help to get my heart to start,Or was it the doctors or it was just one of those things where i wasn't meant to die.

Some babys die when they are born some may have their heart started again,But i wonder those who hearts has stopped and then started again if god has intervened with that baby has he done it for the baby or the parent,If it was for the baby then why not intervene with all babys.

IMO:If god was the one who started my heart each time then he may of done it for my mum and not me:She had a baby but she was very ill i think she only lived for 6monthhs but im not sure,Sometime after that my mum had another baby which was fine,But after that she had 3or 4 miscarages then she had me,So i think god may of helped out me because of my mum loses.

Sounds like you have answered your own question.

God often works through other people such as doctors. Next, why some infants miscarry or do not make it, I have no answer but what I do know is what Jesus says and promises: “Let the little children come unto me[/i...]” - Matthew 19:14

The Lord keeps his promises…

Question, why do you think you are still here?
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

jezzer wrote:
Notice the absolute determination on Jezzer's part not to spell God correctly. I support Chelsea Football Club (soccer), and for a majority of supporters our biggest foe, biggest 'hate' is a club called Tottenham Hotspur. Now I really do loathe this club and their supporters (purely football related), but you would not find me refusing to spell Tottenham with a capital T. I certainly would not be so petulant as to say to a Tottenham fan that, if he insisted on me spelling Tottenham correctly, then I wouldn't be talking to him for very long...

An honest seeker surely would not say, "If there is a forum rule saying i cant type god i shall not be here for long"...

The above is just my opinion, Jezzer. Is it okay with you that I have 'voiced' it?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
jezzer
Familiar Member

Post by jezzer »

@DannyM:Please dont judge people on how they type things you have absolutely no idea what people are thinking shame on you In future if you see any threads ive started i would recommend not reading them if you act like this god knows what im thinking and where my heart is.Thats all that matteers. :)

Now end off this stupid conversation :)

And on with the thread :ewink:
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

jezzer wrote:@DannyM:Please dont judge people on how they type things you have absolutely no idea what people are thinking shame on you In future if you see any threads ive started i would recommend not reading them if you act like this god knows what im thinking and where my heart is.Thats all that matteers. :)

Now end off this stupid conversation :)

And on with the thread :ewink:
Indeed God does know, and for that I am content. If anyone can be sure of your duplicity and double-dealing it is God. The "shame" lies solely with you, bub. ;)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia