Question

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Question

Post by CeT-To »

Why are there diseases in this world and if it was part of the cycle of nature why did God have to make it this way?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Question

Post by B. W. »

CeT-To wrote:Why are there diseases in this world and if it was part of the cycle of nature why did God have to make it this way?
Romans 5:12 - Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—

Answers your question...

However, we do not fully comprehend what sin really is. Let me give you a clue — sin seeks to slay Agape, over throw it, and dominate it…
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

B. W. wrote:
CeT-To wrote:Why are there diseases in this world and if it was part of the cycle of nature why did God have to make it this way?
Romans 5:12 - Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—

Answers your question...

However, we do not fully comprehend what sin really is. Let me give you a clue — sin seeks to slay Agape, over throw it, and dominate it…
-
-
-

Hey B.W. thanx for replying, Agape is the type of love that doesnt really involve feeling or emotion but rather on loving actions yeah?

Umm i agree that we cannot fully comprehend sin but what does diseases have to do withe destroying Agape love?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

CeT-To wrote:
B. W. wrote:

Answers your question...

Hey B.W. thanx for replying, Agape is the type of love that doesnt really involve feeling or emotion but rather on loving actions yeah?

Umm i agree that we cannot fully comprehend sin but what does diseases have to do withe destroying Agape love?
Sin entered the world and thus disease came with this happening. As for diseases do in trying to destroy God's Agape Love — well — I know you can figure that one out…

How can God's agape truly be deep unfathomable, yet, we assign definitions that do just that and in essence seek overthrow God's Agape with our own? Justify our lackadaisicalness for not really wanting to be fully transformed into the fullness of God that the bible says we can.

"...that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:16-19 NKJV

There is more to God's Agape Love than mere unconditionalness … It is much deeper than that…

What does God's agape love mean to you?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:
CeT-To wrote:
B. W. wrote:

Answers your question...

Sin entered the world and thus disease came with this happening. As for diseases do in trying to destroy God's Agape Love — well — I know you can figure that one out…

How can God's agape truly be deep unfathomable, yet, we assign definitions that do just that and in essence seek overthrow God's Agape with our own? Justify our lackadaisicalness for not really wanting to be fully transformed into the fullness of God that the bible says we can.

"...that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:16-19 NKJV

There is more to God's Agape Love than mere unconditionalness … It is much deeper than that…

What does God's agape love mean to you?
-
-
-
B.W. Are you saying that you believe that all disease, including animal diseases came into the world as a result of man's sin?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:...B.W. Are you saying that you believe that all disease, including animal diseases came into the world as a result of man's sin?
What does te bible say about this?

What clues are there within it that can shed more light on this?

That is for you to investigate...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:
RickD wrote:...B.W. Are you saying that you believe that all disease, including animal diseases came into the world as a result of man's sin?
What does te bible say about this?

What clues are there within it that can shed more light on this?

That is for you to investigate...
-
-
-
Again, are YOU saying that you believe that all disease, including animal diseases came into the world as a result of man's sin? I've heard both YEC, and OEC beliefs and biblical interpretations on this. I'm just asking what you believe. you are a board administrator, and I'm interested in your beliefs about this.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

dayage
Valued Member

Post by dayage »

As has been forum, Romans 5:12 can only refer to human, spiritual death (separation from God). This has nothing to do with physical death. That came when God removed Adam from the tree of life so that Jesus could one day die for our sins. Otherwise we would have physically lived forever while remaining spiritually dead.

This creation is just temporary. The perfect creation is comming in the future, once sin is removed (New Heavens and New Earth).
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

dayage wrote:As has been forum, Romans 5:12 can only refer to human, spiritual death (separation from God). This has nothing to do with physical death. That came when God removed Adam from the tree of life so that Jesus could one day die for our sins. Otherwise we would have physically lived forever while remaining spiritually dead.

This creation is just temporary. The perfect creation is comming in the future, once sin is removed (New Heavens and New Earth).
Dayage, I'm just looking for B.W.'s answer because he made the statement, "Sin entered the world and thus disease came with this happening." I'd like to know what he means. If his profile said he was OEC or YEC, I wouldn't need to ask the question.

-Edward R Murrow

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

I think it is all down to freewill once again. For God to have a perfect relationship with us - we need to be free agents. Free agents needs an enviroment that has its own freewill. This is something C.S.Lewis mentioned in Mere Christianity. The Enviroment itself needs a set of laws that cannot be broken by any natuaral means. In this sort of enviroment you can have the possiblity of Evolution, you have the laws of gravity, the thermodyamic laws. All of which provide a habitat where creatures of the image of God can excercise freewill in the purest sense. In that habitiat - Diseases are a possibility.

Take for example if the substance of materials could change at a whim from God - When you jumped off a building God could suddenly turn the ground to Jelly. However that infringes on mans freewill if God starts doing things like that all the time so that we would be blissfully happy and never hurt. In this world for perfect freewill to exist - God needs to allow the possiblity of Disease to form, Natural disasters to occur, viruses to strike, and even evolution to be the method of creation (albiet guided).

That is the way I look at it anyway. Did any of that make sense - reading back myself I am not absolutely sure....oh well I gave it my best shot. :mrgreen:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

dayage wrote:As has been forum, Romans 5:12 can only refer to human, spiritual death (separation from God). This has nothing to do with physical death. That came when God removed Adam from the tree of life so that Jesus could one day die for our sins. Otherwise we would have physically lived forever while remaining spiritually dead.

Rick - dayage response pretty well much sums up mine...

Next Rick - how many diseases are a result of the effects of sin?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:

Rick - dayage response pretty well much sums up mine...

Next Rick - how many diseases are a result of the effects of sin?
-
-
-
Thanks, B.W. Isn't it true that cancer has been found in dinosaur fossils? If that is the case, then at least some "disease" was before man's sin. To answer your question, B.W., I really have no idea how many diseases are the result of the effects of sin. I believe animals and man were never created to be physically eternal, so they had to die from something. There is a theory that basically says that cells that become cancerous transform from healthy cells as a normal part of living things breaking down. Things that animals and people eat, chemicals that enter the body, and other things, break down healthy cells via acidosis. So, imo, diseases are the way physical bodies return to the dust from which they came. It's a subject I have studied since I found out my Dad was diagnosed with liver cancer last summer. EDIT: I just realized something. If cancer has been found in dinosaur fossils, that doesn't necessarily mean that the dinosaurs died from cancerous cells. It could also mean that when a dinosaur was dying, the cells became cancerous to break down the body of the dinosaur.

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:Thanks, B.W. Isn't it true that cancer has been found in dinosaur fossils? If that is the case, then at least some "disease" was before man's sin. To answer your question, B.W., I really have no idea how many diseases are the result of the effects of sin. I believe animals and man were never created to be physically eternal, so they had to die from something. There is a theory that basically says that cells that become cancerous transform from healthy cells as a normal part of living things breaking down. Things that animals and people eat, chemicals that enter the body, and other things, break down healthy cells via acidosis. So, imo, diseases are the way physical bodies return to the dust from which they came. It's a subject I have studied since I found out my Dad was diagnosed with liver cancer last summer. EDIT: I just realized something. If cancer has been found in dinosaur fossils, that doesn't necessarily mean that the dinosaurs died from cancerous cells. It could also mean that when a dinosaur was dying, the cells became cancerous to break down the body of the dinosaur.
I do not think anyone of knows how many disease are a result of sin; however, there would be logically have been a period when no beast were exposed to substances that caused cancer until they came upon it later. So it is more that possible that a Good Earth did exist before the advent of disease, Genesis describes such a time period. It is equally possible that beast were disease free.

Also possible, is that only in the Garden of Eden (Garden and hedged in place — protected) there was no animal disease but who knows for certain? Then again outside of Eden, animals would be disease free until they stumbled into some disease causing substance. All speculation… so we are free to speculate about
this…

As for diseases caused by acts of sin, we do know many and some effects are later passed on down the gene pool to someone generations later. Think of the use of LSD, alcohol, drugs used today or the many odd substances the ancients ingested for rites etc… Or Sexual transmitted disease, that do mutate over time...there are many that do.

Lastly, as for the common cold - not sure about that one :lol:
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: