Frank Turek's video clips (crossexamined.org)

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Frank Turek's video clips (crossexamined.org)

Post by Gman »

I've been watching this guy on the NRB network lately.. I think he brings up some very good points that we talk about on this forum every once in awhile... Enjoy.

http://crossexamined.org/videos.asp
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Frank Turek's video clips (crossexamined.org)

Post by CeT-To »

Excellent find Gman!! :D im LOVING the one about absolute truth! :clap:
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

CeT-To wrote:Excellent find Gman!! :D im LOVING the one about absolute truth! :clap:
These are pretty good too..

Frank Turek vs Christopher Hitchens 01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks9G0z4Ahng

Frank Turek vs Christopher Hitchens 02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Try5s_ ... re=related

Frank Turek vs Christopher Hitchens 03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIatZLzF ... re=related

There are 13 of these... I'm watching them now..

Enjoy.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Wow, so much hate comments on the vid about Frank Turek LOL :shakehead:
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

CeT-To wrote:Wow, so much hate comments on the vid about Frank Turek LOL :shakehead:
Of course. I'm watching now - on vid6 - and Hitchens is being 'owned', to coin an atheist term...
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

DannyM wrote:
CeT-To wrote:Wow, so much hate comments on the vid about Frank Turek LOL :shakehead:
Of course. I'm watching now - on vid6 - and Hitchens is being 'owned', to coin an atheist term...
LOL not according to the athiests...i mean they just keep throwing insults and thats it ...on one of them it says that christians cant prove that Jesus actually existed.... :? come---on! :pound:

DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

CeT-To wrote:
DannyM wrote:
LOL not according to the athiests...i mean they just keep throwing insults and thats it ...on one of them it says that christians cant prove that Jesus actually existed.... :? come---on! :pound:
All Hitchens' arguments were based on his own strange brand of 'moral indignation'. You really couldn't make it up! Turek wiped the floor with him, plain and simple. When Turek quoted Hitchens from his own book where he quotes some 18th century physicist, completely ignoring the current near-concensus on the big bang and the knowledge of the beginnings of space, time & matter, it was a complete hit on Hitchens, who quite rightly and belatedly looked utterly lost! It's about time this phony was exposed for his perpetual dodging and shifting of arguments in which he time and again resorts to 'moral indignation' at religion and especially Christianity, not offering a solitary objective argument to counter his opponent...
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

DannyM wrote:
CeT-To wrote:
DannyM wrote:
All Hitchens' arguments were based on his own strange brand of 'moral indignation'. You really couldn't make it up! Turek wiped the floor with him, plain and simple. When Turek quoted Hitchens from his own book where he quotes some 18th century physicist, completely ignoring the current near-concensus on the big bang and the knowledge of the beginnings of space, time & matter, it was a complete hit on Hitchens, who quite rightly and belatedly looked utterly lost! It's about time this phony was exposed for his perpetual dodging and shifting of arguments in which he time and again resorts to 'moral indignation' at religion and especially Christianity, not offering a solitary objective argument to counter his opponent...
Oh and dont forget his priceless jokes :clap: :roll:

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

I watched the whole and I really didn't come away with the impression Turek did all that great. He was good, don't get me wrong, perhaps a little bit better than Hitchins but I didn't think he wiped the floor with him or anything. Maybe the format and limited time allotted to each had something to do with it but Turek could have hammered Hitchins on his assertions that theists believe to be an atheist is to be unable to discern morality; in fact, Turek stated the very opposite (but not in a direct response). And what was up with Histchins claiming not to be a physicist therefore to be incapable of answering origins questions? No one asked him for proof but it's either you believe something comes from nothing or you don't. It's either you violate the laws of non-contradiction and every natural law known to man or you don't. Turek's book title I think says it all: 'I don't have enough to be an atheist'. How true.

And I loved the piece about the make-up of the Lebanese political system (based on confessional sharing). Hitchins amply demonstrated his lack of knowledge and his reaching. :roll:. Of all the atheist debaters out there Hitchins is probably the weakest, but still the debate was close. IMO, Craig would have done a much better job with him.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

It is interesting that Hitchens keeps claiming that the atheist view does not impede on one's morality.. Frank could have expounded on this better as well. I think the evidence states otherwise... We won't even go into all the humanitarian organizations started up by the Churches..

Atheism Doesn't Lead to Immoral Behavior - Or Does It?
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... moral.html

Are Atheists and Theists Morally Equivalent?
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... ality.html

Does Atheism (Determinism) Negatively Impact Morality?
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... ality.html

Implications of Evolution in Morality/Culture
http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/ ... tions.html

Also I noticed that Hitchens had a hard time looking at Frank in the eyes (eye contact) when he spoke. There is a psychological reason for this or phobia for this type of behavior. Obviously he wasn't feeling comfortable..

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I liked how it ended.. That Jesus died for Hitchens.. Couldn't end on a better note..

Frank Turek vs Christopher Hitchens 14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bajnaXYW ... re=related

CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Personally i dont think there was enough time to really dwell within the subject as the judge asked for very swift and short answers ...which is kind of ridicoules i mean the topic is so big that its almost impossible to really get your main idea out in the short time both were given. y:-?