I have decided, thank you so much

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
ThankYou
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: I have decided, thank you so much

Post by ThankYou »

DannyM wrote:
Well I'm sure in the time it took to type the above you could have priovided me with what I asked. Providing you had something. I am sure that if you had kicked things off in an inquisitive but friendly manner then we could have had a ball.
check out the: "but to not left this unanswered part"
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

So what's the question here?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

ThankYou wrote:
DannyM wrote:
Well I'm sure in the time it took to type the above you could have priovided me with what I asked. Providing you had something. I am sure that if you had kicked things off in an inquisitive but friendly manner then we could have had a ball.
check out the: "but to not left this unanswered part"
I read it. Sorry but it doesn't really address what I asked. Great definition of 'regret', though.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

These atheists want their cake and to eat it too. They want God to deal with evil (supposedly), but when He does, they then get all nervous about not having free will. You're here just to argue and point fingers, not to learn anything as far as I can tell.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

DannyM wrote:
cslewislover wrote:I'll be back shortly to deal with this. From what I've seen so far, the criticisms are invalid. None of us are perfect, but the criticisms are far over-board. Christians condemn murder . . . where do you get your info from? Not from here regarding that issue. If you think we approve of murder, then you're interpreting things through your own biased eyes.
Not to mention the "horror" when coming across this 'evil' site - what a nasty bunch we are! I do love the dramatics and histrionics of the confused...
I know. There's no point in giving them any deep answers, since they obviously don't want them. They could've learned about some of this already, from many threads. They just can't accept any justification for God's knowledge or actions.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

cslewislover wrote:These atheists want their cake and to eat it too. They want God to deal with evil (supposedly), but when He does, they then get all nervous about not having free will. You're here just to argue and point fingers, not to learn anything as far as I can tell.
Amen sister! And an argument can still be objectively reasonable even if the atheist doesn't consider it subjectively persuasive. They just end up chasing their tales, going around in circles while reason and, ahem, 'critical thinking' gets left in the other room!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

DannyM wrote:
cslewislover wrote:These atheists want their cake and to eat it too. They want God to deal with evil (supposedly), but when He does, they then get all nervous about not having free will. You're here just to argue and point fingers, not to learn anything as far as I can tell.
Amen sister! And an argument can still be objectively reasonable even if the atheist doesn't consider it subjectively persuasive. They just end up chasing their tales, going around in circles while reason and, ahem, 'critical thinking' gets left in the other room!
It gets so tiring, since they want us to explain everything, when no one can. We can only know what we can know, just like them (believe it or not!), yet they expect the impossible. And so much of what they refer to has to do with ancient history, long before the church era. There is much that is explainable, but not to their liking . . . One thing they never want to talk about is our free will in fleeing evil. People do evil, not God. God lets it happen yes - he lets us choose how we will go. Will we go along with Hitler to save our own skin, or say NO, and get killed for it? I'd like to see them make the right choice.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

cslewislover wrote:
DannyM wrote:
It gets so tiring, since they want us to explain everything, when no one can. We can only know what we can know, just like them (believe it or not!), yet they expect the impossible. And so much of what they refer to has to do with ancient history, long before the church era. There is much that is explainable, but not to their liking . . . One thing they never want to talk about is our free will in fleeing evil. People do evil, not God. God lets it happen yes - he lets us choose how we will go. Will we go along with Hitler to save our own skin, or say NO, and get killed for it? I'd like to see them make the right choice.
And of course we can see that 'answers' are not what the atheist is looking for - he is looking for to make some 'killer' point, as if to show us an error. Time and again I'm simply left reeling from the ill-thought out arguments that these people produce.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

DannyM wrote:
And of course we can see that 'answers' are not what the atheist is looking for - he is looking for to make some 'killer' point, as if to show us an error. Time and again I'm simply left reeling from the ill-thought out arguments that these people produce.
The sad thing is they probably think that we will see their "wisdom" and follow what they think. They really didn't think their posts through, nor did they go through the board to see the threads that already address this kind of issue. But that is what most of them love to do, come on, so "high and mighty and right", and then post arrogantly without even reading everything through. So very sad.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

DannyM wrote:
They think they're so witty, and loving :lol: Yeah, attacking people is so loving. Kind-of like the "god" they criticize.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gabrielman wrote:
DannyM wrote:
The sad thing is they probably think that we will see their "wisdom" and follow what they think. They really didn't think their posts through, nor did they go through the board to see the threads that already address this kind of issue. But that is what most of them love to do, come on, so "high and mighty and right", and then post arrogantly without even reading everything through. So very sad.
Indeed brother! ;)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

cslewislover wrote:
DannyM wrote:
They think they're so witty, and loving :lol: Yeah, attacking people is so loving. Kind-of like the "god" they criticize.
Yeah the irony is just delightful ...
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

The dirty fries guy had posted a very inappropriate insult, so he's gone. I think it's safe to say that anyone who posts references to obscene things will be banned. It does make more obvious the mentality of some who post . . .
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

cslewislover wrote:The dirty fries guy had posted a very inappropriate insult, so he's gone. I think it's safe to say that anyone who posts references to obscene things will be banned. It does make more obvious the mentality of some who post . . .
Hint: anyone who chooses a name like «dirt-in-your-fries» has some screws loose.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Hint: anyone who chooses a name like «dirt-in-your-fries» has some screws loose.

FL
Well said FL. I agree with that statement. :clap: