Reminder of sin in Heaven?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Reminder of sin in Heaven?

Post by sinnerbybirth »

At the end of the book of Revelations, when everything is done and finished. Will there be anything that reminds us of sin? More to the point, will Christ still have the marks from the crucifixion. Will we remember why he has them?
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Reminder of sin in Heaven?

Post by zoegirl »

He had them showing them to THomas.

I think we will remember but the tears will be wiped away...we will be so overcome with joy and we will be made anew. I can't imagine that we wouldn't remember how we got there, but....I don't know
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

I think we would still remember since good and bad experiences( -even sin-) can form a persons personality. "Not only so, but wec also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
ChrisB
Established Member

Post by ChrisB »

The Lord would not allow us to forget His redemptive work, the price He paid on our behalf, and the grace He has shown us even when we fail time and again in this life. I just cannot see that happening.
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

So, even though GODS original purpose in the garden was to have a relationship with Adam & Eve, that was before they disobeyed GOD. After Adam and Eve ate from the tree of KofG&E. That brought forth sin.

Will we then have the same choice to sin against GOD when we are with him after satin is thrown into the lake of fire?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

sinnerbybirth wrote:So, even though GODS original purpose in the garden was to have a relationship with Adam & Eve, that was before they disobeyed GOD. After Adam and Eve ate from the tree of KofG&E. That brought forth sin.

Will we then have the same choice to sin against GOD when we are with him after satin is thrown into the lake of fire?
I hope satin isn't thrown into the lake of fire!!! If there's no satin, what will my pajamas be made from? :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
ChrisB
Established Member

Post by ChrisB »

sinnerbybirth wrote:So, even though GODS original purpose in the garden was to have a relationship with Adam & Eve, that was before they disobeyed GOD. After Adam and Eve ate from the tree of KofG&E. That brought forth sin.

Yes, we will still have free will, the only difference is that we will be unable to sin. We will be unable to sin for the same reason God does'nt sin, He can't sin. The Lord will not allow us to be vulnerable to that which He gave His life to save us from.
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Yes, the Lord will have his scars and we will remember why they're there. If we have no remembrance, what's the point of what he went through, and what we go through? If we had no remembrance, we would be in a type of reincarnated state.

It's hard to imagine, but we won't be able to sin in heaven. God can't be around sin, so logically the conditions for us being with him will be met. I guess without Satan and his influences, coupled with a glorified body, we will not be able to sin. We won't want to.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

I can't imagine our understanding the significance of being in heaven without remembering the cost.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

So when the marriage is complete, there won't be any divorce. :)

Lovin it.