'Law of averages' ...

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: 'Law of averages' ...

Post by DannyM »

jlay wrote:How can you choose the wrong key, when there are no absolutes?
Eh?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Very true! All keys must be considered capable of opening a door, starting a car - a plane - or locking a prison cell and so on. Some keys are made of plastic and look like a credit card. Some keys only have to be kept in your pocket and emit a signal which will unlock a door or start an engine when you are close by. All keys should be treated with equal respect and none should be favoured over another, ever.

I think it is obvious that DannyM is a Key Racist, attempting to limit certain keys to certain actions and not recognizing that all keys are Equal and are Created with the Same Potential. Shame on DannyM.

Shame, shame, shame. :shakehead:

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Very true! All keys must be considered capable of opening a door, starting a car - a plane - or locking a prison cell and so on. Some keys are made of plastic and look like a credit card. Some keys only have to be kept in your pocket and emit a signal which will unlock a door or start an engine when you are close by. All keys should be treated with equal respect and none should be favoured over another, ever.

I think it is obvious that DannyM is a Key Racist, attempting to limit certain keys to certain actions and not recognizing that all keys are Equal and are Created with the Same Potential. Shame on DannyM.

Shame, shame, shame. :shakehead:

FL
Guilty as charged your honour ... :)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Danny,

Have you attemted to have the door key blessed by a priest. Or maybe an exorcism done on the other key. :P

Maybe the other key suffers from an Inferiority complex, therefore needing to be picked first. If this is the case, several weeks of counseling should clear this up. :pound:
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

sinnerbybirth wrote:Danny,

Have you attemted to have the door key blessed by a priest. Or maybe an exorcism done on the other key. :P

Maybe the other key suffers from an Inferiority complex, therefore needing to be picked first. If this is the case, several weeks of counseling should clear this up. :pound:
You could be on to something here... I should seek the appropriate counciling for the feelings of these inanimate things ... :)

Will no one defend the 'law of averages' here?? 100 - 0 ... what's a boy to think?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Hey Danny,

I just flipped a coin 50 times and the results are: Heads - 28. Tails -22. Not to bad for an average.

GOD BLESS
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

But clearly choosing a key is not necessarily a thing of chance. It's different scenario. Somehow he is choosing one key over another.

A loaded die will not behave according to the rules of probability.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:But clearly choosing a key is not necessarily a thing of chance. It's different scenario. Somehow he is choosing one key over another.

A loaded die will not behave according to the rules of probability.

Reminds of those old B Horror movies:

Pretty Polly Purebread is locked inside a creepy old haunted mansion inhabited by a Vincent Prices's pet zombie psychopath….

No — Polly don't open that door — it's not locked! She runs down dark hallway toward the bolted Locked front door seeking escape — what to do

Spying a hall desk she opens the top drawer — Vincent Price along with his zombie psychopath coming near and nearer slowly nearer…errie Music gets louder...

Looking inside, what does she see — a draw full of keys! Oh My — which one!

which one!?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Kristoffer »

zoegirl wrote:Suppose there is some unconscious bias in the choosing? (you choose the left side, right side on the key ring??)
Your countries left, is my countries far right. :D

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=law+of+averages I found this page...which has nothing to do with what you are on about! :pound:
MyPetWorm
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by MyPetWorm »

DannyM wrote:Will no one defend the 'law of averages' here?? 100 - 0 ... what's a boy to think?
As said there will be something affecting your desicion....BUT...say your outcome is 100 - 0, there will probably be someone out there with it 0 - 100 :D Thus, 50 - 50, and the law of averages stand :D

Just because you should get Heads - Tails - Heads - Tails, doesn't mean that you can't get stuck with Heads while someone else gets stuck with tails :shock:
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

lol i got this confused with centrism :lol:
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

MyPetWorm wrote:
DannyM wrote:Will no one defend the 'law of averages' here?? 100 - 0 ... what's a boy to think?
As said there will be something affecting your desicion....BUT...say your outcome is 100 - 0, there will probably be someone out there with it 0 - 100 :D Thus, 50 - 50, and the law of averages stand :D

Just because you should get Heads - Tails - Heads - Tails, doesn't mean that you can't get stuck with Heads while someone else gets stuck with tails :shock:
Best answer yet!

I would only say that the 'law' theoretically stands in spite of my results.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

100-0 what are you to think?...Rigged.