evil and suffering

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

evil and suffering

Post by CeT-To »

I thought i'd put this link here because it ultimately ends up being a theological answer. i extremely enjoyed this explanation for evil and suffering and i hope you guys do too.

http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/blog/ ... suffering/

Opinion on the link is encouraged! :D

God bless!

CeT-To
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: evil and suffering

Post by DannyM »

CeT-To wrote:I thought i'd put this link here because it ultimately ends up being a theological answer. i extremely enjoyed this explanation for evil and suffering and i hope you guys do too.

http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/blog/ ... suffering/

Opinion on the link is encouraged! :D

God bless!

CeT-To
Congratulations -Perry Marshall is a wee gem! Have you looked at his debate on the infidels? If not, go take a looky see - your heart will marvel!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Kristoffer »

http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/blog/ ... alf-right/

HHAHAHAHA. seriously. Are you sure this site is the best source?

And idea that any kind of random, unguided process can produce the fantastically elegant designs we see in nature is just absurd First, its not random, second its not unguided. Lastly it is not ABSURD.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Kristoffer wrote:http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/blog/ ... alf-right/

HHAHAHAHA. seriously. Are you sure this site is the best source?

And idea that any kind of random, unguided process can produce the fantastically elegant designs we see in nature is just absurd First, its not random, second its not unguided. Lastly it is not ABSURD.
Please reveal to us what is so funny because i must have missed something.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

August
Old School

Post by August »

First, its not random, second its not unguided. Lastly it is not ABSURD.
If you believe what the ToE states, then it is.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

Because Evolution happened. Trying to go against it is hilarious, its like jumping from a sinking ocean liner into a sinking canoe. ;)

Also it is not a belief. Do i really have to put any emphesis into that? It simply isn't a belief. Do you have to "believe" for gravity to exist? Same thing here. y#-o
Different_Name
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Different_Name »

Gravity is something that happens.
Evolution, that is, the change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive generations, is something that happens.

However, there is a theory that is derived from the process of evolution that all life on earth is descended from a single ancestor, and it is usually the viewpoint of the atheistic scientific community that this ancestor came about without any divine intervention. This is something one must have faith to believe in.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Different_Name wrote:Gravity is something that happens.
Evolution, that is, the change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive generations, is something that happens.

However, there is a theory that is derived from the process of evolution that all life on earth is descended from a single ancestor, and it is usually the viewpoint of the atheistic scientific community that this ancestor came about without any divine intervention. This is something one must have faith to believe in.
In regards to gravity, I don't think you can compare Darwinian evolution to gravity. When you look at the scientific methods of Copernicus, Galileo, and Newton they made observations plus predictions that anyone could observe… Darwinian evolution is not like that. Evolution is a different kind of science, it's a historical science that claims what happened in the past, it's not like gravity at all… There is a categorical difference between evolutionary science and gravity.. Gravity can make simple predictions like the gravitational force between the earth and the moon. It's something that can be measured.. You can't take Darwinism and formulate it to an equation like F=MA the force of gravity. Dawinism is NOT a law, you can't measure it.. It's all just speculation… And if you believed that life arose by chance processes, you have to believe that millions of years ago life arouse from non-life, from matter, and this violates the law of biogeneis. No scientist has ever showed this law could ever be violated.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Kristoffer wrote:Because Evolution happened. Trying to go against it is hilarious, its like jumping from a sinking ocean liner into a sinking canoe. ;)

Also it is not a belief. Do i really have to put any emphesis into that? It simply isn't a belief. Do you have to "believe" for gravity to exist? Same thing here. y#-o
Great i see you saying "it happened" but i dont see you backing up your claim and HEy you never know it might have but there is definitely intelligent design, everything Perry Marshal said in that article makes 100% sense and if you think he is wrong please go to him and explain where he went wrong, i woud Love to see you and him have a discussion on the matter.Its funny...some athiests dont believe in God because they've never felt Him with their 5 senses..i can say the Excact thing about evolution :). So please dont be so up yourself, its not needed, i think everyone is getting sick of your superiority attitude. y=;

Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

However, there is a theory that is derived from the process of evolution that all life on earth is descended from a single ancestor, and it is usually the viewpoint of the atheistic scientific community that this ancestor came about without any divine intervention
Yes there is the Universal Common Ancestor theory and that theory does include no pre-disposition for any kind of supernatural explanation (does any science do this?)

I do not see intelligent design, intelligent development MAYBE, but another word for this intelligent development and how it came to be in the first place is Evolution, contiguous(I do not know if this is right word?) enhancements over a long space of time. It can easily be demonstrated in much "lower" lifeforms(also these creatures actually can have MORE genetic material than a human being!)

I would like to say that chimpanzees do not evolve into human beings, they evolve into whatever the environment pushes them into, whatever kind of niche that they can adapt too. We DO share a common ancestor with Chimps, Gorillas Even kangaroos! But do not look on this as just make us a "Animal", look up on it as us being in a tree of cousin-ship with all the creatures you see.
August
Old School

Post by August »

Trying to go against it is hilarious, its like jumping from a sinking ocean liner into a sinking canoe.
Oh really? Believing in it is simple blind faith, given the massive holes that molecular biology is poking in the theory.
We DO share a common ancestor with Chimps, Gorillas Even kangaroos!
So where is it?
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2OAYRqBa7I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK3O6KYPmEw&NR=1

this guy is a Christian but he is also a scientist, why don't you watch that?
August
Old School

Post by August »

Kristoffer wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2OAYRqBa7I

I am familiar with Ken Millers nonsense, thank you. He has not ever demonstrated how to reconcile his conflicting worldviews on evolution and creation. His compromise does not stand any tests of logic.

But why don't you answer my question?

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Kristoffer wrote: I would like to say that chimpanzees do not evolve into human beings, they evolve into whatever the environment pushes them into, whatever kind of niche that they can adapt too. We DO share a common ancestor with Chimps, Gorillas Even kangaroos! But do not look on this as just make us a "Animal", look up on it as us being in a tree of cousin-ship with all the creatures you see.
Kris... There is no common ancestor between Chimps and humans. There are assumptions (beliefs), true, but no sold evidence. Even the most elite scientists will admit that.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Kristoffer wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2OAYRqBa7I

Kris, why are you posting non-creationists links on a creationist web site? Also did you realize your avatar is the Mormon Jesus?