Day 4 or day 1 of creation of the sun ?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Day 4 or day 1 of creation of the sun ?

Post by Kristoffer »

zoegirl wrote:Kristoff, lay off the rhetoric and actually discuss things instead of putting words in other's mouths.
Sorry it is something i feel passionate about, you should to! Space exploration is exciting.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Kristoffer wrote:
zoegirl wrote:Kristoff, lay off the rhetoric and actually discuss things instead of putting words in other's mouths.
Sorry it is something i feel passionate about, you should to! Space exploration is exciting.
Space exploration is exciting? You sound like you're talking from experience. :P
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

I have experienced lots of documentaries atleast, like the idea for a NUCLEAR EXPLOSION POWERED space vehicle called "Project Orion", kennedy wasnt very happy with that idea because they presented it as a weapon platform, because of some military generals, if they just said..."this is how we will get to mars", then they would of been on to the big one.

I even had a feasability study produced for this, the score was about G12 (or 7/10) so it is definitely maybe possible.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Amazingly enough, you will find many people here who are just as passionate. Remember, ultimately this is an OLD earth site. Most here enjoy talking about HOW He did it.

I would bet that most here would not exclude the idea of God orchestrating the events you are talking about. Progressive creationism does not mean that we insist of "poofing" things into existence as if it's some sort of magic show.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

zoegirl wrote:Amazingly enough, you will find many people here who are just as passionate. Remember, ultimately this is an OLD earth site. Most here enjoy talking about HOW He did it.
Evolution. No question about it! If not then magic and magic is harder to accept, takes much more faith to believe in magical power than to believe in a little bit of natural selection and some luck. :wave:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Kristoffer wrote:
zoegirl wrote:Amazingly enough, you will find many people here who are just as passionate. Remember, ultimately this is an OLD earth site. Most here enjoy talking about HOW He did it.
Evolution. No question about it! If not then magic and magic is harder to accept, takes much more faith to believe in magical power than to believe in a little bit of natural selection and some luck. :wave:
I guess that depends on your starting presuppositions.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Kristoffer wrote:Evolution. No question about it! If not then magic and magic is harder to accept, takes much more faith to believe in magical power than to believe in a little bit of natural selection and some luck. :wave:
Miracles anyone? Evolution requires magic too.. Even Darwin admitted this, as he stated, “To admit all this is, as it seems to me, to enter into the realms of miracle, and to leave those of science.”

Evolutionist George Wald once stated, "all we need is time. What we regard as impossible on the basis of human experience is meaningless here. Given so much time the “impossible” becomes the possible, the possible probable, and the probably virtually certain. One has only to wait: time itself performs the miracles."

Want to take a ride to the magic kingdom? :lol:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
ElShamah
Familiar Member

Post by ElShamah »

Gman wrote:
ElShamah wrote:Day-Age Interpretation

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/day-age.html

day one
This was the light of the Sun (already created) which now "separated light from darkness"

how can rich deem make that assertion, if the bible states cleartly, the sun was created at day 4?

1:16 And God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.
I tried to explain it best here.. Basically the atmosphere was cleared to reveal the sun and stars on day 4. In the fourth day it doesn't say that God created the sun, moon and the stars. It states that he "made" them, which is the Hebrew word "asa" translated as the verb "made". When the Hebrew word "asa" is used it is usually used to denote an action already completed.

Genesis 1:16 And God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.

Genesis 1:16 simply does not specify when in the past the sun, moon, and stars were made. However in Genesis 1:1, it does says that it was created using the Hebrew word "erets" or "hashamayim we ha' erets," heavens (plural) and the earth (singular). "Hashamayim we ha' erets" consistently refers to the totality of the physical universe. All matter and energy and whatever else it contains....

The scientific proof for Genesis
i have searched a lot to find a satisfying answer. Yours seems the best so far.