My psuedoscientific idea for seeing the past.

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Ngakunui
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

My psuedoscientific idea for seeing the past.

Post by Ngakunui »

I just came up with a rather unique, or at least I've-never-heard-it-before idea. What if it were possible to make a probe in the form of a long-range optical telescope go faster than light about three or two billion years away in the span of around five years? That way, you could turn it towards Earth and see what everything was really like back two or three billion years ago. That would also eliminate one eighths of spam on the internet, and as a bonus, answer a lot of geological and biological questions. It'd be just like time travel, except you're not really there.

What do you think?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: My psuedoscientific idea for seeing the past.

Post by RickD »

Ngakunui wrote:I just came up with a rather unique, or at least I've-never-heard-it-before idea. What if it were possible to make a probe in the form of a long-range optical telescope go faster than light about three or two billion years away in the span of around five years? That way, you could turn it towards Earth and see what everything was really like back two or three billion years ago. That would also eliminate one eighths of spam on the internet, and as a bonus, answer a lot of geological and biological questions. It'd be just like time travel, except you're not really there.

What do you think?
I think it's a great idea. My friend, Dr. Brown and I have been working on something similar. We just need a little funding. So, if you could send some money, we can get started. Send all money to: Marty McFly, Hill Valley, California.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony