Larry King & Stephen Hawking On The Universe

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Larry King & Stephen Hawking On The Universe

Post by Gman »

According to Hawking... "The Scientific account is complete, theology is unnecessary." However how is the scientific account ever complete? And since when is science in the business of answering ultimate questions?

Youtube segment..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q51OTSPQgKg
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: New Dad jitters...

Post by DannyM »

My goodness he's getting worse. That statement has to go down as one of the most anti-scientific statements of all time. I know Hawking has a fetish for a headline-grabbing statement, but now he is just becoming foolish. It's time he was 'put out to stud,' so to speak.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Larry King & Stephen Hawking On The Universe

Post by narnia4 »

He's really working hard at selling books, isn't he?

I tried hard to take him seriously, I really did... but I just can't. Anyone who knows their thing in philosophy can see through his facade. Craig easily exposed his (and those who follow him) ignorance of philosophy and theology in a couple 10 minute podcasts on his website, and it really is pretty shocking what passes as science. My concern now is for those Christians that are still "on milk", and may lose some faith or start doubting due to a couple of sensational headlines/claims.

I do wonder if it's for the headlines alone, or if he's really desperate to have all of his questions "answered" before he passes. If he can't find the answers to those questions it doesn't matter, because he can just make stuff up and say that they're answered.
Young, Restless, Reformed