Editor jumps around if I select "quote"

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Legatus
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: California, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Editor jumps around if I select "quote"

Post by Legatus »

If I try and reply to a post, using "quote", after the post gets to a certain length, the visible window starts jumping around like a jackrabbit, the text I am typing on the bottom of the window is now slide off visibility, the seen text is only the text above that, This means I can type text, but I can't actually see the text I am typing, because it is now below the visible area. Is there a way to make it stop doing that, and still use quote?
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Editor jumps around if I select "quote"

Post by jlay »

same problem. quite irritating. If it happens, I go to a word doc and just copy and paste.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
ChrisB
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ChrisB »

And all along I thought it was just me... :lol:
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Is it possible it's the web browser you guys are using? This has never happened to me (and I've written some lengthy posts). I'm currently using Google Chrome and before that I used Firefox.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Legatus
Established Member

Post by Legatus »

Internet explorere 8 here, so that sounds like it might be it. I do wonder if there is some board setting I can use and don't know about however.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Legatus wrote:If I try and reply to a post, using "quote", after the post gets to a certain length, the visible window starts jumping around like a jackrabbit, the text I am typing on the bottom of the window is now slide off visibility, the seen text is only the text above that, This means I can type text, but I can't actually see the text I am typing, because it is now below the visible area. Is there a way to make it stop doing that, and still use quote?
i had this problem, only after I used Face Book - send messages - or tyoe on FB board. Then come to this Forum and have the Editor jump around like you said. This happens on FB too message board will skip about too.

I have repeated this so there must be something in the browser that when using FB or possibly Email functions this reflects back over to this forum's editor.

So have you used FB before logging on this Forum? or Email?

So far it clears up as long as I do not use FB message boards first... If I use first, I have to shut don the PC and reboot in about 30 sec or more and things go back to normal...

Hope this helps
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Legatus
Established Member

Post by Legatus »

I never use FB, however, I do use email and such, I may try a reboot and see if that helps.