David Liu (I'm not sure where to post this)

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Telstra Robs
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

David Liu (I'm not sure where to post this)

Post by Telstra Robs »

(I'm not sure where I should have posted this, if it needs to be moved, can someone please to so? Thankyou.)

At a scripture/youth group today the person who runs it told us that one of the people in her church, David Liu (along with his family) are going to be deported back to China. She told us that they dealt with an agent in China who led them to believe that everything including visas were arranged but as it turns out there was a problem with the visa. When they discussed it with the authorities here they were allowed to stay temporarily on a temporary visa until everything could be sorted out. The Liu family were here for eight years (not sure why, delays in starting the case perhaps, red tape, I don't know), well integrated into the society. Their latest visa was rejected and they were subsequently arrested and moved to a detention center. David is starting Year 12 or Grade 12 and only needs one year to finish his Higher School Certificate but if deported it is unknown what level he would have to start with as the education systems are very different and what is taught varies greatly. Not to mention he speaks better English than Chinese and would have a difficult time in the Chinese education system. Furthermore, she informed us that someone in China told the government that at a certain time, David's father was involved in activities against the government (though there is an alibi) and would be arrested upon arriving.

There is a petition to the Immigration Minister, Chris Bowen, to attempt to have the Liu family released: http://www.petitiononline.com/davidliu/petition.html

Can you please pray for David and his family for their release?

Thankyou.
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: David Liu (I'm not sure where to post this)

Post by CeT-To »

yes of course ill be praying for them!
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
mandelduke
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: David Liu (I'm not sure where to post this)

Post by mandelduke »

I signed the petition, and I will be praying for David and his family.