Honor thy father and mother

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
believ3r
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Honor thy father and mother

Post by believ3r »

I sometimes find it extremely difficult to follow this one. I wasn't abused or anything, and as far as material possessions go, my mother throws money at me (which, I am very grateful for, given how little money she has to spare). But it's just that over and over my mother has proven herself to be, well less than intelligent, and highly irreponsible. She's very childish, and thinks her age let's her look down on other people. Nothing I do is ever good enough, she still treats me horribly. Even all this this I could overlook, except her irreponsibility and irrationality affects nearly everybody in the family. She is sometimes a pain to be around, I feel I can't go to her for anything. I've tried talking to her to resolve our differences, but it's like talking to a brick. She's always 100% certain that she is right, no matter what I or anybody/everybody else says.

I'm not going to go into more detail than that, so on to the topic. How can I honor somebody who I sometimes struggle to even like?
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Honor thy father and mother

Post by CeT-To »

My suggestion would be to be as humble as possible but don't think this means you agree with her or you say to her " yes mother you are right" but just stay silent. Remember most of the time a hardened heart doesn't melt by showing them their logical fallacies but rather with humble selfless love that you can show and provide them.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
believ3r
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by believ3r »

That makes sense. Thanks.
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

No worries :) glad to help!
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!