Christopher hitchen's goal

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Christopher hitchen's goal

Post by CeT-To »

Ever herd Christopher Hitchens talk about his purpose for life?

He says that he does these debates and all these things promoting atheism so that he can "free" people.

Now my question is ...free from what? I think her refers to all religion but i have to say on the case of trying to "free" Christians is ridiculous...

Christ offers the ultimate freedom from our morally corrupted self, i mean if by freedom he means living your live how ever you want then that is not freedom because you become slave to immorality ( sin).

Has he even thought this through?

Matthew 7:13

What do you guys think?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Christopher hitchen's goal

Post by B. W. »

CeT-To wrote:Ever herd Christopher Hitchens talk about his purpose for life?

He says that he does these debates and all these things promoting atheism so that he can "free" people.

Now my question is ...free from what? I think her refers to all religion but i have to say on the case of trying to "free" Christians is ridiculous...

Christ offers the ultimate freedom from our morally corrupted self, i mean if by freedom he means living your live how ever you want then that is not freedom because you become slave to immorality ( sin).

Has he even thought this through?

Matthew 7:13

What do you guys think?
If there is no way to determine right or wrong - then where does he get the right to free people?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

That's right! I just do not see where he gets off saying this sort of thing, maybe because we are christian that his personal (subjective) purpose of life (which is an illusion since there is no purpose for life in the atheistic world view) seems ridiculous. From one of the debates i watched of William Lane Craig vs Christopher Hitchens, he says that he has tried Christianity, yet he doesn't even know one of the simplest belief of the faith which is the moral corruption of humanity that we alone ( as human beings) cannot cleanse and this is evidently shown at every corner in life.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

He has cancer:

It does not bode well for him and he also asked people not to pray for him - but we should pray for him for his own salvation during this time preahps God grants him mercy for his eternal soul...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/CancerPrev ... d=11068126

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =130917506
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Oh wow i didn't know that O_O yes i will definitely pray for him!! I really hope he finds God like all unbelievers.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

CeT-To wrote:Oh wow i didn't know that O_O yes i will definitely pray for him!! I really hope he finds God like all unbelievers.
Finds God like all unbelievers? You mean on judgement day when all is said and done and it's too late? :P

Don't worry, I know what you really meant to say. ;)
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

OH WOOPS!! hahah yeah at least you knew what i ment lol that actually sounds mean the way i read it now.